Solarmeter model question

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
I want to get the Solarmeter Model 6.5R and not the regular 6.5 model correct?

I have the 6.5R it is the reptile version with the little scale. That was the only difference between them.

So I got my model 6.5R last week and hopefully my hood/lights will be here this week.

What reading should I have for a panther chameleon? I plan on finding where that reading is and great foaming my basking branch at that level.

So I got my model 6.5R last week and hopefully my hood/lights will be here this week.

What reading should I have for a panther chameleon? I plan on finding where that reading is and great foaming my basking branch at that level.
3-4 UVI index... And you want to be using repashy calcium plus LoD. Basking will sit approx 7-8 inches below the top where the lights are. This should give you right within the 3-4 range. :)

How old is the bulb? UVI 3 is for new, and you change the bulbs once output drops to half. Depending on your setup you may never get to a 3 unless you are mere inches from the bulb.

Brand new everything. I’m just now configuring my enclosure for my up coming new baby panther.

Back
Top Bottom