Chewy has the 6.5R Solarmeter on Sale 30% off

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Brings it down to $199 AFTER tax and free shipping. This might be the best deal we see for this. I'm likely gonna get mine from here. But I want to hold out a little longer because I put a lowball offer in on ebay, and I want to see if any go on Black Friday deals.

Just put it in your cart and once you login, it'll automatically apply the 30% discount.

https://www.chewy.com/solarmeter-model-65r-uv-index-meter/dp/751734

Well chewy sold out before I decided to get this one lmao of course. Anyway.. I have an opportunity to buy this used one for cheap.... this is still a correct unit right? It's a 6.5. It just looks maybe older ?

Which I'm fine with as long as it works.

edit*** Never mind. They're actually asking over 300 on the buy it now price. I'll keep an eye on it but still curious if this is still the right unit since it looks different.

1700670232871.png

These aren't necessary, right? I have been wanting one but all the ones I have found are the same price as a other chameleon.
I think it's really good to have, especially as your bulb ages. And remember, the Zoo Med reptisun age about twice as fast (usually) as the Arcadia bulbs. This way you can keep track of 1) making sure your bulb is giving off the UVB your chameleon it needs out of the box and 2) helps you know when to replace your bulb without stressing your chameleon.

Do you NEED it? ehh that's debatable. But should you have it? I say definitely.

Trust me I'm in the same boat. Hence why I'm looking for a deal. But tbh I really want to make sure my guy is getting what he needs. It's so important that they get proper UVB.

I think it's really good to have, especially as your bulb ages. And remember, the Zoo Med reptisun age about twice as fast (usually) as the Arcadia bulbs. This way you can keep track of 1) making sure your bulb is giving off the UVB your chameleon it needs out of the box and 2) helps you know when to replace your bulb without stressing your chameleon.

Do you NEED it? ehh that's debatable. But should you have it? I say definitely.

Trust me I'm in the same boat. Hence why I'm looking for a deal. But tbh I really want to make sure my guy is getting what he needs. It's so important that they get proper UVB.
I have been changing my bulbs every five months because I don't have one, YET. Im trying to get the things I really need first. I have made a list of things that I want for Sherbert, and this is definitely on of them. (Free range lights are another) I will be looking on Ebay and other places as well, Just in case I get lucky.

I have been changing my bulbs every five months because I don't have one, YET. Im trying to get the things I really need first. I have made a list of things that I want for Sherbert, and this is definitely on of them. (Free range lights are another) I will be looking on Ebay and other places as well, Just in case I get lucky.
That's a good approach! I will let you know if I come across another deal. I will post it right here for you. But this time I have to buy mine first because it's my turn darnit! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

These aren't necessary, right? I have been wanting one but all the ones I have found are the same price as a other chameleon.
I mean they aren't necessary...However when I got mine I checked my UVB lights in my enclosure and found out that my girl was only getting 1.0 UVB at the highest point in her enclosure. If I didn't have a solarmeter she would STILL not have proper UVB. I feel like if you can afford one its super worth it just even for the peace of mind that your cham is getting what it needs.

I mean they aren't necessary...However when I got mine I checked my UVB lights in my enclosure and found out that my girl was only getting 1.0 UVB at the highest point in her enclosure. If I didn't have a solarmeter she would STILL not have proper UVB. I feel like if you can afford one its super worth it just even for the peace of mind that your cham is getting what it needs.
Thank you both! I will be looking for one of these, I could never forgive myself if Sherbert got MBD or anything that could mess up his health on my part.

Okay, I have no idea what I'm looking for, is there a certain thing I have to look out for you know about? If this works I don't mind spending 90 bucks on it.
I'll be honest with you I don't know what you are looking for either with a cheaper solar meter. This is the exact one that I have. Maybe you can compare the two and see what seems different? Hopefully someone who knows a lot about solar meters can chime in too and put in their two cents.

https://www.amazon.com/Solarmeter-M...1700748308&sprefix=solarmeter+,aps,192&sr=8-8

Do you know if this would work?
It says UVI. It might but I wouldn't try it.
Thank you!!!!
I do hope you find one for Bspike soon 😊
Okay... so.... Chewy ran out at 30% off but I've been watching it like a hawk. They just put it back up at 40% off. But it wouldn't work at checkout! So I messaged 2 diff cust service reps and neither could help me. They said it wasn't a legit discount. I decided to look into it (because it's a google ad!) and sure enough, Chewy DID pay for that ad to be posted. So I took some screenshots, and tweeted @ chewy lol and now they're honoring it for me!! At 40% off :D

I think they made a mistake so I don't think anyone else will be able to get it. Unless they did what I did but idk if that will work going forward. I got this one
1700876080615.png

Back
Top Bottom