Solar meter 6.5

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello chameleon friends! My hubby is buying me a present and of course being the chameleon nerd that I am I want a solar meter.🤣🤣🤣

Is the solar meter 6.5 still the recommended one for our hobby?

Thanks!!

Hello chameleon friends! My hubby is buying me a present and of course being the chameleon nerd that I am I want a solar meter.🤣🤣🤣

Thanks!!
I wish we had some more affordable options. This is the one thing I would really, really love to have but just can't do it yet. I think eventually I'll get one. But the recommended ones are so pricey from what I've seen.

Thanks!!
That’s what I have! I believe it is! That’s exciting!☺️

I wish we had some more affordable options. This is the one thing I would really, really love to have but just can't do it yet. I think eventually I'll get one. But the recommended ones are so pricey from what I've seen.
Oh totally that’s why it’s taken me so long to get on myself.

I got mine used on ebay for 50% the cost of new. Just keep an eye out and set a search alert and they can be found cheaper
That's a good idea. I am going to try that soon. I'm still trying to recover financially because of course as soon as I bought my chameleon, I also had to get multiple things done to fix my truck and both were super expensive lol ugh

100% lol She's been very tolerable and understanding of all the bugs and the work I've been putting in. But I think I'd get a reaction if I did this any time before Christmas at this point:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Just have a 'gift list' and put all your chameleon hobby wants on there. When birthdays/anniversaries/holidays come around you can just refer her to that list and then you get more chameleon stuff :)

Just have a 'gift list' and put all your chameleon hobby wants on there. When birthdays/anniversaries/holidays come around you can just refer her to that list and then you get more chameleon stuff :)
Oh we do that already! haha And I will definitely be transferring some stuff from my chameleon list there :-D

These are also "OK". They are not as accurate as a solarmeter, but they are also less than $50 and are good enough to tune within +-.25 UVI. So while this meter may say 3.5 Uvi, the solar meter would read a more accurate of 3.3 or 3.7 UVI. But its still well within the ballpark.

UVI meter.png

These are also "OK". They are not as accurate as a solarmeter, but they are also less than $50 and are good enough to tune within +-.25 UVI. So while this meter may say 3.5 Uvi, the solar meter would read a more accurate of 3.3 or 3.7 UVI. But its still well within the ballpark.

View attachment 341736
I thought about getting something like this but I was afraid that it wouldn't be "right" and then I'd be swapping bulbs, or .... not swapping bulbs based off bad info. I feel +-.25 is accurate enough though. I mean if it's that closer to being under desired UVB rating at the top of the branches I'd just swap my bulb anyway.

Thanks for sharing this. I may try one of these. I went with an Arcadia fixture+bulb and plan to replace every 11 months (to be on the safe side) for now.

I thought about getting something like this but I was afraid that it wouldn't be "right" and then I'd be swapping bulbs, or .... not swapping bulbs based off bad info. I feel +-.25 is accurate enough though. I mean if it's that closer to being under desired UVB rating at the top of the branches I'd just swap my bulb anyway.

Thanks for sharing this. I may try one of these. I went with an Arcadia fixture+bulb and plan to replace every 11 months (to be on the safe side) for now.
Thats what I am currently doing, just swapping my bulbs out sooner. I'm such a worry wart though I'd like to actually 'see' that my bulbs are working.

Back
Top Bottom