soaking....

armando

I have never done this... and I was wondering, if you guys know the answer...
I have other reptiles... [tortoises (sulcata and gophers), and a green iguana]
They all love and benefit from warm soaks.... has anyone tried this on chameleons?

I put my panther in the tub fill it up for his size and let him sit in it for about 4min sometimes little long but he loves it I do it one time a week

I dont think there is any real benefit to soaking. CHams tend to freak when submerged in water.

I suggest shower chambers instead.

Yea, chameleons are more comfortable with a warm shower than a literal soak. But essentially the effect is the same, as are the benefits. I just have my misting nozzles set to spray for a long time but some people will take their chameleon on a plant into their shower/bath tub and give them a warm shower that way.

Obviously, don't spray your chameleon directly with your shower head, but typically bouncing the spray off the wall will produce a much finer mist. I use a pump sprayer, personally. And also, when I say warm I really mean luke-warm, because chameleons feel temperature differently than we do. So warm for us would be really hot for them.

I have a pump sprayer that I use to mist w/ "Luke" warm water. After a good misting, I fill his dripper with the warm water. He'll sit directly under the dripper for what seems to be hours. Dripping directly on his head and / or back. He seems to like that.

Back
Top Bottom