So wait... are we all fogging now?

That’s what I was thinking of doing when it comes time. My temps right now are 68-70F at night.
Oh gotcha! Yeah give it a try! Also I was watching a live on the chameleon academy where his 3d printer group actually printed little mounts that will hold the tube in place I thought that was pretty awesome! I have a heat pump and I cool the house way down at night although my family isn’t too pleased with me about that either 🤣 but yeah that drop is hard to achieve this time of year other wise

No it’s not bouncing off my tube is secured on to the top of the screen by way of ghetto rigging 🤣 and it enters into the enclosure and then is sucked right back out… also @Throwingstones I have the dragon strand as well… that makes me feel better I am not the only one. Maybe there is something to it not being “rigid” enough I cannot now remember if when I used the sheep’s foot it did the same… I’ll have to keep playing around with it… but the new set up I’m going to be doing could help too who knows. I’m just glad to hear I’m not the only one who has struggled with this because I’m feeling like I’m losing my mind a bit as it seems so baffling to most 🤣
Well to be clear, my fog enters the enclosure, and does NOT "stay" in there. If you have an all screen enclosure, it will all just escape going down/wherever it bounces. This is fine. This is how mine runs every night.

However, my humidity at night is excellent. Varies through the enclosure but whats important is where he's resting. That area is typically in the high 80s-100%. Most of the enclosure is similar. But my fogger is constantly running from 1am-6am. It's not like turning on, shutting off, fog sticks around, then turns back on.

It's constantly going, and I do not use a fan. I just have it go down the center of the enclosure (I'll try to get a video tonight), and it goes where it goes from there.

Do you have to use the PC fans? I feel like they'd be blowing the fog out prematurely. But without seeing it in action it's just a guess. Unless there's some reason you need them, I would try it without them.

Well to be clear, my fog enters the enclosure, and does NOT "stay" in there. If you have an all screen enclosure, it will all just escape going down/wherever it bounces. This is fine. This is how mine runs every night.

However, my humidity at night is excellent. Varies through the enclosure but whats important is where he's resting. That area is typically in the high 80s-100%. Most of the enclosure is similar. But my fogger is constantly running from 1am-6am. It's not like turning on, shutting off, fog sticks around, then turns back on.

It's constantly going, and I do not use a fan. I just have it go down the center of the enclosure (I'll try to get a video tonight), and it goes where it goes from there.

Do you have to use the PC fans? I feel like they'd be blowing the fog out prematurely. But without seeing it in action it's just a guess. Unless there's some reason you need them, I would try it without them.
I do the same BUT I do have fans going all night because my branches for black spots on them and it was brought to my attention that that means my air is stagnant. I know that some other people on here also use fans constantly when fogging and don’t have this issue so we’ll see what happens! But I super appreciate your input and help and I’d love to see a video just to get an idea 😀

I do the same BUT I do have fans going all night because my branches for black spots on them and it was brought to my attention that that means my air is stagnant. I know that some other people on here also use fans constantly when fogging and don’t have this issue so we’ll see what happens! But I super appreciate your input and help and I’d love to see a video just to get an idea 😀
no problem :) I'll try to get it tonight!

When I had my screen enclosure and before I knew better about temps, I had it running practically all night and no fans and it was typically hitting her sleep area so that was alright. I do have my ceiling fan constantly on though.
With this new one her sleeping area is in the middle part and the fog won’t go around her as well. I could turn my fans off but I’m afraid of the risk of temps not dropping enough or stagnant air. I did try putting it at the bottom where the fans blow in and higher output and it did rise up but I don’t remember now if it brought my humidity much higher.
I figured with the temps the way they are right now I will wait and deal with it later. I am getting pockets of high humidity in the night though right around the plants. Of course she sleeps in the plantless middle.The pothos is working it’s way up there.

When I had my screen enclosure and before I knew better about temps, I had it running practically all night and no fans and it was typically hitting her sleep area so that was alright. I do have my ceiling fan constantly on though.
With this new one her sleeping area is in the middle part and the fog won’t go around her as well. I could turn my fans off but I’m afraid of the risk of temps not dropping enough or stagnant air. I did try putting it at the bottom where the fans blow in and higher output and it did rise up but I don’t remember now if it brought my humidity much higher.
I figured with the temps the way they are right now I will wait and deal with it later. I am getting pockets of high humidity in the night though right around the plants. Of course she sleeps in the plantless middle.The pothos is working it’s way up there.

My fog actually does not hit our chameleon. It just hits the plants. I think a big part of why I am hitting good humidity (aside from ambient humidity in my area) is because I put a big plant in the middle of my enclosure. That gets hit with both the mister and the fogger.

I think the amount of plants I am using is also a factor. But yeah the fog actually doesn't even come in contact with my chameleon. It's just in the general area nearby and it still helps that humidity stay high throughout the enclosure. I think this is because it's affecting the plants that get hit by it. And then in return, the plants (not the fogger.... because it doesn't even hit 2/3 of the enclosure yet humidity still rises everywhere) are likely what's raising the humidity.

It's all gradual though. The humidity is only in the 70s or so at night until 1am. Some of it spurts up at 7:30 when the mister goes off, but it doesn't stay, yet. Once the mister + fogger go on that's when the high humidity really kicks in. And it mostly stays that way until 7am once lights are on.

I have everything set in coordination to work together. At 12am, my AC unit automatically brings ambient temps down from 73 to 71 degrees. This brings the -night- temps in his enclosure down from the high 60s, to low to mid 60s. And so far this system has worked really well. Spikes poops/urates are always the same. Very wet and healthy looking initially.

Just so you know, I don’t run my fans at night when my foggers is going

Ok so.....don't mind the night time music lol that's my son's clock. Tells him when to go to bed and stuff 🤣 and don't mind the terrible recording. I tried flipping my phone for better views. I think you can get idea of how very little fog gets to him if any though. It's all in the center with some of it bouncing towards the outside. But for the most part it's hitting that big pothos.

His resting area temp was down to 64f already so I was able to run the fogger for a moment 🤓

edit: Just keep audio turned off entirely it sounds so terrible with me moving the phone around lol

Ok so.....don't mind the night time music lol that's my son's clock. Tells him when to go to bed and stuff 🤣 and don't mind the terrible recording. I tried flipping my phone for better views. I think you can get idea of how very little fog gets to him if any though. It's all in the center with some of it bouncing towards the outside. But for the most part it's hitting that big pothos.

His resting area temp was down to 64f already so I was able to run the fogger for a moment 🤓

Even blurry through a screen spike is beautiful.
And that’s a nice set up too! I don’t have a rack like that to hang a tube from so maybe when it comes time I’ll get pvc pipes and make like a J hook to make it go in.

And that’s a nice set up too! I don’t have a rack like that to hang a tube from so maybe when it comes time I’ll get pvc pipes and make like a J hook to make it go in.
ty :love: Yeah the rack became a must have when I was thinking of how to set everything up. My wife thought I was nuts, but she's been a trooper lol She sees my vision now hahah. It really helps to hold up the fogger tube like that. And it really helps for the big dripper as well. I can put that thing anywhere I want. With exception to where the lights are of course :LOL:

ty :love: Yeah the rack became a must have when I was thinking of how to set everything up. My wife thought I was nuts, but she's been a trooper lol She sees my vision now hahah. It really helps to hold up the fogger tube like that. And it really helps for the big dripper as well. I can put that thing anywhere I want. With exception to where the lights are of course :LOL:
Nice! Thanks for doing this for us! When I do not use fans at night this is about the output I get as well ☺️ i think I will try going back to shutting the pc fan off while I fog and see if having the 2 pcs running constantly the rest of the time will be ok. Do you run a ceiling fan or any other fans in the room while fogging?

Nice! Thanks for doing this for us! When I do not use fans at night this is about the output I get as well ☺️ i think I will try going back to shutting the pc fan off while I fog and see if having the 2 pcs running constantly the rest of the time will be ok. Do you run a ceiling fan or any other fans in the room while fogging?
no problem! Hopefully it helps somehow. I do not use ANY fans. This allows the smoke to just kinda go in the direction the tube is facing. It's just exactly how you see it. The only thing that we run besides the fogger and mister is our homes AC unit. But that's a central unit. There is a vent up top above the cage but I don't think that's affecting anything really except actual temps.

no problem! Hopefully it helps somehow. I do not use ANY fans. This allows the smoke to just kinda go in the direction the tube is facing. It's just exactly how you see it. The only thing that we run besides the fogger and mister is our homes AC unit. But that's a central unit. There is a vent up top above the cage but I don't think that's affecting anything really except actual temps.
Ok thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom