So pissssed!!!! RIP Tootsie Roll!!

so after a successful clutch of 21 good looing eggs tootsie rest threw the night and looks so good in the morning!! she eating like a pig drinking a lot of water colors were pink and tan really looked good!!... I take the 3 outside (iguana iggy pop,charlie wonka,tootsi roll) for some fun in the sun...there out there free roaming for about at hr me peaking out there every so often to see how there doing and there fine they all stay close to the structure of dead branches and umbrella plants I have out there... I get a beer and go outside and see tootsie in the grass she ate a few flys that was pretty cool to see and then out of nowhere a black starling swoops down out of the sky pics tootsie up and carries her away!!!! right in front of my face. I threw my beer at the damn bird tring to startle it so it might drop her..nope away she went!. nature is a !@@$@#%@$%@#!#% im very pissed she was a awesome pet and no other will be like her....RIP TOOTSIE. sorry you ended up food for a rat with wings.:mad:

I feel for ya. My neighbor got a toy poodle a few years ago. During the summer a barn owl got it at dusk. This is why i keep my babies with at least a net over them. I figure it will at least give me a chance.

Make sure you ALWAYS have a pellet gun accessible and that your aim is dead on!! I've taken out a few birds messing with my chams!! The talon holes left behind will heal, but leave a nasty scar!!

dude im so upset. I just started my first breeding venture...she was a great cham for the attempt very easy to read..showed all her signs . and gave me a huge clutch of 21 her first time at 10 months old and 70 grams. I don't have 300 to get another one right now...so pissed

That is just awful. I am so sorry. A horrible lesson to learn. I never free range my chameleons unless I am sitting right NEXT to them and guess what? I was doing just that and a big Hawk came from behind and was swooping in for the kill. My chameleon was perched on a long branch that was sticking out of a ficus and was easy pickings...or so the hawk thought. Because my chameleon got all dark and skinny, it alerted me to something and I turned just in time to see two big tallons! I literally swatted the bird out of the sky!! I told my story on here before. I was just reading on Kammerflage Kreations FB about a gorgeous Ambanja they had and had set it in a tree to clean the cage and a hawk swooped in and carried it away. I hope your story and mine saves atleast one life. Moral is.... DON'T freerange unless you are right on top of the situation. Do not leave your chanmeleon alone, not even for a minute. Not only can they get eaten, they can get lost!!!

thank you carol. the messed up thing was...I was right there unfortunately I do not have wings.. ooh im so mad! im down for a hunt complete genocide of starlings...theres only 4 billion of them...who wants to help?

I know, it must have been horrible to see. When I was about 6 yrs old I put my little red eared slider in our bird bath not thinking at that age about the birds and a starling grabbed it and then sat with it up on the wire eating it. It freaked me out and I was hysterical. I was very lucky that day with my chameleon. I actually was crouched down in a chair and I don't think the Hawk saw me as he came in from behind. It scared the living crap out of me and I am sure I did the same to the bird!!! I have seen Hawks up in our trees with huge Black Racer snakes. I also had one pouncing up and down on my outdoor cage trying to get at my chameleon. We have a ton of them around here!!!

I didn't want to put them ina cage outside..i saw it as a break from the cage outside...the structure I made was huge lots of branches..they would just climb around...Charlie got some action out there with tootsie .. they never left it unless they wanted some shade..they would then go in the grass and pick off some insects ..then back up to the branches they went..it was so cool now I will only let Charlie and iggy out there..i don't have a lot of hawks but the iguana and the male cham is alittle to be for the birds to be interested

OMG, that is horrible. I saw birds eyeing my boys and that is why we built them some really cool outdoor cages. There are so many dangers out there. So sorry for your loss.

so after a successful clutch of 21 good looing eggs tootsie rest threw the night and looks so good in the morning!! she eating like a pig drinking a lot of water colors were pink and tan really looked good!!... I take the 3 outside (iguana iggy pop,charlie wonka,tootsi roll) for some fun in the sun...there out there free roaming for about at hr me peaking out there every so often to see how there doing and there fine they all stay close to the structure of dead branches and umbrella plants I have out there... I get a beer and go outside and see tootsie in the grass she ate a few flys that was pretty cool to see and then out of nowhere a black starling swoops down out of the sky pics tootsie up and carries her away!!!! right in front of my face. I threw my beer at the damn bird tring to startle it so it might drop her..nope away she went!. nature is a !@@$@#%@$%@#!#% im very pissed she was a awesome pet and no other will be like her....RIP TOOTSIE. sorry you ended up food for a rat with wings.:mad:

Sucks... Leaving a cham alone outside is like signing its death sentence. Birds take notice that the cham is unattended and they come down for lunch.

A starling? The robin sized bird with oily looking black feathers? Eating a chameleon?

Man you have some crazy starlings where you live. Ive never seen one around here eating a native reptile and i mean never seen any interest in that big of prey.

A Starling ate my turtle! That is a reptile, isn't it? Granted it was the size of a quarter and not the size of a chameleon!!!

I see starling eating snakes 3 times the size of them and I see them team up on rats..im near Baltimore....I should have known!! i was thinking it was all good she was to big...i was wrong

Back
Top Bottom