So pissssed!!!! RIP Tootsie Roll!!

we have bald eagles all over here, hawks, and crows - starling too- but (at least in Ohio) they are far to small to eat even a mouse - now a crow - I have seen them eat DUCKS !
sorry you lost your little one - I always worry about what is "out there" watching my chams :eek:

OMG!! I would have had a heart attack!!
I live in MD too, and talk about rats with wings, we have these huge black
birds that are bold as hell and not afraid of people.
When my guyz are in the yard w/o a cage, I stand right over them and walk
right alone side them as they roam about.

That's just terrible!! so sorry :(

That is so very sad and scary too. I take my guys outside to play in their trees about every evening, always supervised. I always have my dog with me hoping he will help to scare off any birds. I will be keeping a much closer eye on them now.

I am so very sorry that you had to loose Tootsie Roll in such a horrible way.

I am so sorry for this tragic loss! :(

This tale will change my behavior, I never worried about birds of that size, only hawk, turkey vultures, eagles, etc. I will have to find some type of enclosure for my buddies when outside. Losing one that way would be a nightmare.

I cannot even imagine losing a Cham that way, I would be completely and utterly devastated! When I first started taking my chams outside I somehow managed to lose my baby veiled for about an hour and after that I was done. I figured their limited freedom on a free range was not worth their life,so now if they are ever outside they are in screen cages or on my hand. I refuse to lose a Cham through stupidity or laziness (not saying you are stupid or lazy, just my observations of my own outdoor practices)

I am suitably horrified and sorry for the loss of your Tootsie Roll. RIP little girl.

Back
Top Bottom