So my Daughter says We Need to Talk

Wykd

Established Member
I was coming in from mowing earlier today and my daughter come over and says "We need to talk dad", she is only 5 by the way. So I hold back a chuckle and sit down since she was so serious looking.

She was kind enough to let me move the cham enclosures out of the family room and into her play room recently, so we could hang out while I am doing cham stuff she calls it.

Anyways back to the topic, she looks at me and asks why the play room felt so sticky. I was puzzled but almost got up to go check on the room, in case something had happened while I was outside. She then explains the air feels wet and sticky. So I then had to explain about humidity and that the cham's need humidity to be healthy.

She sits there for a second as if in deep thought, then tells me I can move the rest of my stuff in her play room if I want, and then help move her stuff into the family room. She does not like the humidity and that i took up to much space in her room with my junk. :eek:

lol I wondered how long it would be before we had that chat, oh well I guess next weekend I am working on the family/play room.:cool:

Attachments

• DSC_1254.jpg
    DSC_1254.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 94
I was coming in from mowing earlier today and my daughter come over and says "We need to talk dad", she is only 5 by the way. So I hold back a chuckle and sit down since she was so serious looking.

She was kind enough to let me move the cham enclosures out of the family room and into her play room recently, so we could hang out while I am doing cham stuff she calls it.

Anyways back to the topic, she looks at me and asks why the play room felt so sticky. I was puzzled but almost got up to go check on the room, in case something had happened while I was outside. She then explains the air feels wet and sticky. So I then had to explain about humidity and that the cham's need humidity to be healthy.

She sits there for a second as if in deep thought, then tells me I can move the rest of my stuff in her play room if I want, and then help move her stuff into the family room. She does not like the humidity and that i took up to much space in her room with my junk. :eek:

lol I wondered how long it would be before we had that chat, oh well I guess next weekend I am working on the family/play room.:cool:

They grow up so fast. I love the discussion, she already knows how to work Daddy.:rolleyes:

They grow up so fast. I love the discussion, she already knows how to work Daddy.:rolleyes:

She works daddy hard, she is indeed smart. I get grief for spoiling her, but I am trying to make life hard for any boys in her future. Make her high maintenance and daddy's girl seemed the better choice. It was that or scare all her boyfriends away by cleaning my armory every time one comes over.;)

Sadly this means doing stuff I would not normally do for myself or even my wife! I BeDazzled a Princess Crown over the initial "C" on her favorite hoodie the other night because my wife is not artistic.:eek:

Pretty sure we're going to need pictures of her...

Here are my two reasons for sleepless nights.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344206665268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344206665268.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 53
She works daddy hard, she is indeed smart. I get grief for spoiling her, but I am trying to make life hard for any boys in her future. Make her high maintenance and daddy's girl seemed the better choice. It was that or scare all her boyfriends away by cleaning my armory every time one comes over.;)

Sadly this means doing stuff I would not normally do for myself or even my wife! I BeDazzled a Princess Crown over the initial "C" on her favorite hoodie the other night because my wife is not artistic.:eek:

I love it, what a sweet daddy & yes we do need pictures of the little princess.:)

Pretty sure we're going to need pictures of her...

Here are my two reasons for sleepless nights.

Ellie your two are wonderful, I could play with them for hours. But what do they play at that age? My grandsons kick my butt ay wii and all that stuff, but they are a bit older.

Oh yeah I have plenty of those, she loves the camera!

Attachments

• 20120130072905-1.jpg
    20120130072905-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20120407160840-1.jpg
    20120407160840-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20120505094501-1.jpg
    20120505094501-1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DCS_1977e2.jpg
    DCS_1977e2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 52
She's gorgeous! Looks so much older than 5!

Laurie, my two play with anything and everything! Beanie Babies, dinosaurs and Lego are current favourites, but they can also spend entire days on the Wii and their DSs!

Thanks, yeah I want her to be a boys worst nightmare! She likes to go running with me and rough house, but still likes her dresses and being a princess! She is going to be tall so I am glad she takes after me there. At 6'4 I would of been sad had she ended up short like her mom! :p

Thanks, yeah I want her to be a boys worst nightmare! She likes to go running with me and rough house, but still likes her dresses and being a princess! She is going to be tall so I am glad she takes after me there. At 6'4 I would of been sad had she ended up short like her mom! :p

Hey! Nothing wrong with being short. I'm still under 5 foot. Doesn't mean I don't scare the crap out of my guy friends though. :cool:

Oh yeah I have plenty of those, she loves the camera!

She is an absolute honey pie!

Enjoy her now, they're not so sweet at 12 years old! My daughter doesn't like my Cham, can't bare the thought of me spending money/attention on something other than her!

I love it, what a sweet daddy & yes we do need pictures of the little princess.:)

Ellie your two are wonderful, I could play with them for hours. But what do they play at that age? My grandsons kick my butt ay wii and all that stuff, but they are a bit older.

Grandsons???? Wow you really don't seem old enough to have grandsons! You must be vey young at heart :)

Back
Top Bottom