So I'm going to use this as a build/ question thead.

Discussion in 'Enclosures And Supplies' started by dshuld, Oct 9, 2017.

1. dshuld

dshuld Established Member

Cool thanks! Do you think it would be ok sandwiched between the 2 umbrellas with me only being 4' wide?

2. Extensionofgreen

Extensionofgreen Chameleon Enthusiast

As long as it gets light and isn’t too shaded, by the scheffleras. 2 scheffleras are going to quickly fill in a 4’ area. Maybe do one towards the back and the Philo towards the front.

3. dshuld

You sir, rock as usual! Thanks :).

4. Krissy83

Krissy83 Member

@Extensionofgreen I wanted to say thank you for helping @dshuld with our journey in chameleons. He had done some research but your advise on plants to go with has been a big help. There was one I had seen I liked that we weren't sure about too. I'm not sure if we will have space but would pink star bromeliads be a safe bromeliad to use?

Matt Vanilla Gorilla and dshuld like this.
  5. Extensionofgreen

Extensionofgreen Chameleon Enthusiast

If they are cryptanthus, yes, but these do better planted in substrate, rather than mounted and will been medium strong light to maintain their colors. Happy to help.

6. dshuld

They are cryptanthus in deed. The labeling at Wal-Mart was less then forth coming other then calling it pink star. I had to do a quick google to see what it was that day and cross reference the list you sent me but didn't see it by scientific or common so I told @Krissy83 no the day we saw them. Glad to hear she can have a couple added into the flora list then lol.

7. Krissy83

Krissy83 Member

Thank you @Extensionofgreen. I'll have to kick his backside for that lol. How ever, we were just at home depot looking for them and found some purple passion that was on fl chams safe list and grabbed some of them. I'm a big purple fan lol.

8. dshuld

Short update, got doors, sides and back built. Cleats are on the base and all have had 4 coats of poly applied over the last two days. Got the cedar shims in and liner laid in place over them.

Still to do, screw sides and back together, install and seal drainage, hang doors, make top and poly it, attach screen and of course plants the plants in the base and get mister set up.

9. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

@dshuld great work! (y) I can't wait to see pictures!... And speaking of pictures you and @Krissy83 totally need profile pictures that are different LOL I was very confused :confused: for a little while there before I realized it was 2 people posing... No fights now on who gets to keep it... just bow down and let her have it LOL!! :D

10. dshuld

They are different :D, slightly lol. His color, where he's looking and head angle are diff between the two but I'll change mine :ROFLMAO:.

11. dshuld

Now he's looking at you :p.

Matt Vanilla Gorilla likes this.
  12. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

:p:ROFLMAO: Nope still not different enough... maybe you should get 3 or 4 more chams, take pictures of them all, and then decide which picture to use :eek:

13. dshuld

Lol, I can only hope :D. She's playing games on her phone :rolleyes:. This different enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Matt Vanilla Gorilla likes this.
  14. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

:eek: Yah I think that counts as different LOL! :ROFLMAO: but don't say I didn't try to give you an excuse to get more chams!... like any of us need and excuse LOL ;)

15. Krissy83

Krissy83 Member

:eek: :ROFLMAO: beleive me he doesn't need an excuse :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. He's already got a wish list going it's just a matter of me caving in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I do agree with him on getting blue lightning a girlfriend at some point though. I think he'll make some pretty babies :love::love::love::love:.

16. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

@Krissy83 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We all have our wish lists! Some people just have better self control... I am not one of those people :rolleyes: I think he will make great babies also!! Maybe you could find a nice purple girlfriend for him, that would be AMAZING!! and if you do, I want to be 1st on the list for some of those eggs!!

17. Krissy83

Krissy83 Member

@Katacara :D you're absolutely right about the wish list and self control. There are times @dshuld needs to reign me in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It would be amazing if we could find a purple cham as it's my favorite color :D:D:D They most certainly would make some gorgeous babies if we find one I'll make sure you are the first one (y)

18. dshuld

Lol, idk about finding a purple female nosy be but I'm we will find him a pretty little girl none the less. We may just have to get a lone male of another species for that lol.

19. dshuld

So, I'm still hung up on trying to find small hanging pots. I mentioned to Matt about seeing a "pothos totem" at home depot Saturday and think I'm going to plant some direct in the sub and weave some of the vines up and leave some for ground cover. How ever, I would still like to hang a few pots of it up high. Has anyone seen 4" or 6" plastic hanging pots? Smallest I've found so far is 8" :rolleyes:. My grapevine garland and jute rope supplies should arrive tomorrow though.

20. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

Ok just a quick note to make you guys laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Remember that self control thing I was talking about ......Yah I have NONE! :eek: I am now going to be welcoming Rolo into my family! I saw the picture that @Andee posted of him and fell in love! :love::love::love: I was so glad I was able to get him/her!