So I'm going to use this as a build/ question thead.

Cool thanks! Do you think it would be ok sandwiched between the 2 umbrellas with me only being 4' wide?

@Extensionofgreen I wanted to say thank you for helping @dshuld with our journey in chameleons. He had done some research but your advise on plants to go with has been a big help. There was one I had seen I liked that we weren't sure about too. I'm not sure if we will have space but would pink star bromeliads be a safe bromeliad to use?

If they are cryptanthus, yes, but these do better planted in substrate, rather than mounted and will been medium strong light to maintain their colors. Happy to help.

They are cryptanthus in deed. The labeling at Wal-Mart was less then forth coming other then calling it pink star. I had to do a quick google to see what it was that day and cross reference the list you sent me but didn't see it by scientific or common so I told @Krissy83 no the day we saw them. Glad to hear she can have a couple added into the flora list then lol.

Short update, got doors, sides and back built. Cleats are on the base and all have had 4 coats of poly applied over the last two days. Got the cedar shims in and liner laid in place over them.

Still to do, screw sides and back together, install and seal drainage, hang doors, make top and poly it, attach screen and of course plants the plants in the base and get mister set up.

They are different :D, slightly lol. His color, where he's looking and head angle are diff between the two but I'll change mine :ROFLMAO:.

@Krissy83 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We all have our wish lists! Some people just have better self control... I am not one of those people :rolleyes: I think he will make great babies also!! Maybe you could find a nice purple girlfriend for him, that would be AMAZING!! and if you do, I want to be 1st on the list for some of those eggs!!

So, I'm still hung up on trying to find small hanging pots. I mentioned to Matt about seeing a "pothos totem" at home depot Saturday and think I'm going to plant some direct in the sub and weave some of the vines up and leave some for ground cover. How ever, I would still like to hang a few pots of it up high. Has anyone seen 4" or 6" plastic hanging pots? Smallest I've found so far is 8" :rolleyes:. My grapevine garland and jute rope supplies should arrive tomorrow though.

Back
Top Bottom