So I emailed Petsmart today...

Good info, but too long. If anyone was to listen to this they would want a concise letter with no reference to yourself or your your cgaes/ setup etc.

I do the same thing all the time, and go overboard with details that make my reading boring to most. I constantly have to redo or scale back emails for work and even for the forum. (believe it or not as some of my posts are really long winded!) :D

I am game - Jumping on the Pets Mart email for Chams

I think this is a great idea. Very true that with 1 email it would most likely be ignored, but it is a lot harder to ignore hundreds of emails. Given the fact that my experience with them when I initially bought Chevy from there back in May, and the fact that they basically sold me all the wrong equipment initially and barely gave the correct care instructions which could have led to his death if I would have found this forum. I will definitely join in. I also have others hear that will also join in to maybe change something.

It never hurts to try. I always say that if you fall down pick yourself back up and try again. If you pick yourself back up and your still weak, try harder and never give up on what you believe!

When I saw in Petco 2 month old veild chameleon living in the 2" water swamp at the bottom of the cage with all dead worms in the bowl, I thought my heart will break. I felt so bad for little guy. I wanted to take him home right there and then. I got so mad and insisted to speak to the manager and waited around 30 min. Do you think he showed up? No. At least I told a person who was responsible for reptile area what I think! In my opinion one person in this case will not achieve much but a big group may make a diference!

petsmart

Maybe if we all send a letter stating how well informed you are and that we all believe these changes should be made in order not to abuse this animal we might just make a difference. I'm sure they would not want to be known as an abuser or neglect-or of their basic needs to remain healthy. Selling unhealthy chams does not make a good rep...

I can't speak for all Petsmart locations but at mine we mist our chameleon s 2-3x per day. They do have uv b lighting. All feeders are dusted according for the reptiles. we also may a point to ensure the customer is aware of the sensitivity of these aanimals.the glass enclosures with the screen tops are for protection of the animal as many people like to take pictures bang on the glass and make a lot of noise in that department.
As I'm sure you can understand though each store varies in how they operate based on the staff and their resources.

I can't speak for all Petsmart locations but at mine we mist our chameleon s 2-3x per day. They do have uv b lighting. All feeders are dusted according for the reptiles. we also may a point to ensure the customer is aware of the sensitivity of these aanimals.the glass enclosures with the screen tops are for protection of the animal as many people like to take pictures bang on the glass and make a lot of noise in that department.
As I'm sure you can understand though each store varies in how they operate based on the staff and their resources.

Its a lose lose. Protecting them is also hurting them :(

Back
Top Bottom