Sneezing & not eating =(

Bristoladrianna

Hey there my Chameleon health experts,

My blue bar Cham is about to be a year old in July, and I've recently noticed him sneezing(?) I haven't seen it happen but I've heard what could only be described as a tiny sneeze maybe 1-2 times every other day or so for the past week. I tried to google some things and he doesnt show any obvious signs of being sick, no frothing at the mouth or any noticeable changes in his saliva. I feed him crickets in the morning and over the last week I've noticed him not eating the standard amount. I usually let him cruise around my bedroom in the afternoons so he's not cooped up in his cage all day, and within the last week, he hasn't been eating all his crickets so I've been leaving him in his cage longer, and a couple days I didn't let him out at all because there were still a few crickets in there with him. So between yesterday's crickets and this morning when I went to feed him again I counted the crickets left in this cage and he hadon't eaten any of them in over 24 hours, even though hed been let out of his cage pretty regularly in the past few days, so there haven't been any really big changes in his usual schedule. Definitely has me a little worried as this is obviously out of character, and I've also noticed he hasn't pooped in the last 2-3 days, his little booty area at the base of his tale is pretty swollen/full of poop(?) The environment hasn't changed any in his cage average heat and humidity it's been his whole life, and I mist him regularly. I do have several calcium powders I dust his crickets with but I've been giving him these supplements regularly scheduled out since he was only a couple months old, but since he hasn't been eating all of his crickets I've held off on the calcium for a few days.

Considering taking him into the vet for some kind of chameleon check up but I figured I'd ask here first in case anyone has seen this behavior before. If he doesn't eat in the next 48 hours I'll be taking him into the vet either way. Thanks everyone

A picture of the cham will be helpful other than that I agree for a Vet visit after ur 48hours tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom