sneezing chameleon

how would i get her chameleon care blog?

Hello! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been quite ill. At the top of the page in the green bar area you will see the bar "Resources". Click on that and there are many links that can assist you. If you click on "care sheets" you'll be given a brief description of the different subspecies and can click on whatever one your seeking info on. Fortunately Ferret has posted the link for you so simply click on it there. Any additional info you may need on other species are there as well. Hope all is well for both you & your Cham!

Gonna wing it here from what i have done, unless things have changed. Your drowning you Veild, water twice just to wet the leaves to a drip. Don't spray the Chameleon, just the leaves. With those temps and that much watering your cage floor must be soaked and the humidity high. Is there bedding in there? Your sneezing issue could be a humidity issue. And if there is a moist floor in the cage and cold temps at night........ A respitory issue can accure. I kept my vields hot and dry during the day and cold and dry at night. Just random 2 cage mistings during the day, and no live plants. There are many factors, your Cham will tell you what they want or don't want. Watch for the little or obvious signs. Hope this helps...

as long as he is allowing the cage to dry out between mistings and before bedtime, this misting schedule is fine.. having a screen cage makes it more difficult to maintain humidity. misting 3-4 times a day for a 2-3 minutes a misting is a schedule that many members use with success. misting for longer then a minute will stimulate your chameleon to drink.

also, even though he is using a big dripper doesnt mean he is "drowning" his cham. he can adjust the drip to a slow drip so that it is dripping every 10-15 seconds is what i would recommend so that his cham has plenty of opportunities to drink.

one of the great things about a screen cage is you can get a tray that collects water underneath it. this enables owners to dump the water at least once a day to prevent any water build up

:D

Chameleon Info: Male Veiled Chameleon
Your Chameleon - male veiled chameleon, 10-12 months old and has been in my care for about a month and a half.
Handling - I’ve only handled him about 3-4 times when I clean out his cage as it is stressful.
Feeding - I‘m feeding him 10-12 crickets and sometimes give him some super worms. I feed him in the morning when I wake up or after I get out of school at 12. I gut-load my crickets with lettuce which I sprinkle with calcium powder.
Supplements - I have reptolife plus which has all the vitamins that he needs. I give it to him 1 a week and I also have flukers calcium without D3 which I use about every time I feed him.
Watering - I use a big dripper and also mist the cage mutiple times everyday. I mist the cage from 3-4 times for about 1 minute and I’ve only seen him drink once which was when I first brought him home.
Fecal Description - he poops and his urine mostly always comes back white with a tint of yellow and he uses the bathroom everyday. He has also never been tested for parasites.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - I have a all screen cage that is 24x24x48 in.
Lighting - I have a zoo med mini combo deep dome lamp fixture which I use a repti glo 5.0 uvb light and a 60 watt red nightlight. I live the uvb light and heat on for 12 hours and turn off the heat bulb at night if I am using my space heater.
Temperature - my room is usually in the 70-80 temperature with his basking spot being anywhere from 85-90. At night the lowest the temperature drops to is no lower than 60. I use a zoo med hydrometer and themoter .
Humidity - it’s hard to keep my cages humidity levels up because it is a all screen cage but I mist my plants and the cage 3-4 daily.Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - my cage is located in my room. My cage is about 2-3 feet above the ground. Its standing at about 6 feet.
Location - In Illinois where it is very cold.

Current Problem - my male veiled chameleon has been sneezing recently and I was worried, he also does not drink except for the first time i got him.

here are some pictures

Attachments

• WP_000296.jpg
    WP_000296.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom