Snails?

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my 5 month old Veiled cham Coda usually just eats Dubia and Super worms (dusted) and so many people are talking about snails and the care for them, I gotta say I’m interested. But I was wondering is I could keep them in the same habitat? I mean with snails you need supporting organisms right? So would Dubias work?

I would not.

Snail's need alot of space, your going to start with WC snail how will have parasites and the eggs need transfered to clean Viv.

Snail's have to have a Bioactive Viv (well soil) Dubias don't (though I still would)

Snail's prefer cooler temps than Dubia.

Dubia might eat the snail eggs.

To summerize a few.

And no, Snail's do not need supporting organisms. Snail poo, is broken down into the soil, for healthy bacteria for the snail's. If you wanted to add a poop cleaner, I would do Dwarf White Isos, and even then egg concerns are present.

So my 5 month old Veiled cham Coda usually just eats Dubia and Super worms (dusted) and so many people are talking about snails and the care for them, I gotta say I’m interested. But I was wondering is I could keep them in the same habitat? I mean with snails you need supporting organisms right? So would Dubias work?

Same habitat as? Dubias? I would not. What do you mean by supporting organisms? Organisms to eat the waste? That would have to be a clean up crew of some sort -- something you would NOT be feeding your cham.

Back
Top Bottom