Snails STILL Going Strong

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
It's been quite a while since I last posted. How have you all been?

Today I would like to touch base on my amazing clutch/es of snails. They've been non stop growing and eating! The second I throw food in they instantly climb down to the bottom and go to town! Some snails are larger than others however even the babies are still live and well. They have had NO problems of drying out or getting to wet, I've found very few dead snails.

I have them in their final enclosure and I love it, as do they! They dry up and aestivate every single night, however I never let them stay that way for longer than a day, usually I wake them up by spraying them in the morning, and then once more before going to bed. They're always quick to get up and move around.

I want to add in some real plants however I know they will get shredded in no time! Nonetheless, the little dudes are doing great, and I cannot wait to have a cham to feed them to. Fingers crossed all stays moving forward!

My snails are slowing down due to a huge surge in springtails in their cage. The springtails bother them... so time to swap substrate. Argh!

I put a small head of lettuce in their enclosure and it was demolished in like 3 days!! So I would skip the plants unless they’re fake lol

My snails are slowing down due to a huge surge in springtails in their cage. The springtails bother them... so time to swap substrate. Argh!

I put a small head of lettuce in their enclosure and it was demolished in like 3 days!! So I would skip the plants unless they’re fake lol

Same problem I've had with snails for couple years now. The springtails always manage to pop up no matter what I do to keep them away.

That’s great to hear! We like pictures lol!
NOOOOO!!!! My pictures did not load in?? Ill have to re-post them here on my PC, everyone stay tuned...!
Same problem I've had with snails for couple years now. The springtails always manage to pop up no matter what I do to keep them away.
Hmmmmmm... very interesting. There hasn't been anything that isn't a snail in my enclosure, I guess ill have to just wait and see??
Oh yes, when I post my enclosure you will see... I have far to many. I put in so much greens at a time and they devour them withing a few days every time, leaving only scraps. I just love how plants look and I know they would love and appreciate them as well.. yanno? Snail-care

I PROMISE, there is more than what meets the eye.
20191017_221000.jpg
20191017_221024.jpg
20191017_221037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom