slow eater

LBonawitz

i searched for an existing thread, the only one i found didn't have any answers. My flapjack chameleon eats really slow. he'll eat his first cricket in 2 days ( he's not a big eater and usually eats every other day) and he'll bite the cricket once or twice and it seems like he waits for it to stop squirming before he bites it again. and so on. it takes him 3-5 minutes to eat one cricket, then a 30 minute break and cricket #2.

he's eaten this way for quite a while (except when he was younger he would eat 8 crix in a row). now that i own a female veiled and i see how fast she eats it has made me wonder if his(the flapjack) eating is abnormal?

take a few step back.. maybe he or she is shy? I notice some of my cham do this as well. Sometimes they are chewing with a "what the hell are you looking at" expression. I'm trying to eat, stop staring at me.

well...

he does it when im not looking also, like ill go take a piss and the cricket will still be in his mouth. (sorry for the example)

hahaha my guy is the same. i'll leave the room for a while and come back, and its still sitting here. :D

well now i know its not just my guy :p

my panther lets the bug chill for awhile too until it is ready to eat it. my male gulps it down and when my female eats (when she decides to eat ) hold it FOREVER lol like sometimes up to twenty min usually on average of five though

My cham will do this from time to time as well (grab the bug and hold in its mouth anywhere from 10-30 seconds). Figured this was pretty normal.

My oustalet will do the same thing on occasion. He'll either sit there and savor the flavor, although he usually only does that with silks and supers, or he'll devour what he's eating. Athough I have noticed on more than one occasion him sitting there with a super in his mouth not eating and the misting system will come on and he'll gulp it down and massacre anything that moves in his cage.

Back
Top Bottom