Sleeping upside down

AACblackout

Is it ok for a Cham to sleep upside down or hanging from the top of the screen with his front arms and everything else dangling at his bed time. He always falls asleep the second his lights go out but he did it today while hanging from his arms

Seems dangerous lol but if he's doing it I wouldn't stop him. If it concerns you, maybe move him over a bit so he's not dangling

I hope it's okay since my 4 month old seems to do the same many nights. He either sleeps on the top of the cage or the side of the cage. Late in the evenings, he tends to gravitate to the top of his cage (no temperature change at that point) and just stays there until morning. Good luck to us both!

its completely fine when the sleep hanging upside down.
as he grows, he probably wont be able to do it anymore as he'll be too big and heavy, but as young ones, they tend to do it, and when they get into adult size, they sometimes do cham yoga in their sleep.

The fact that they are relaxed enough to fall asleep, in what looks to us like uncomfortable positions, should tell you that they're fine.

my female veiled has done this a few times . my Meyer's parrot sleeps upside down all the time - thinks he's a bat

Eh they probably just fell asleep while moving.

Its totally normal, but if you are worried about falling, you can gently pick them up and move them to a better spot.

My five month old panther chameleon has done this a few times as well, and he seems to be doing just fine! I was so worried about it the first time I saw him hanging there but it's good to know he's not the only little one who thinks he's a bat :p

When my chams were babies they often did this.
I made sure the surface below was padded--just in case.

Back
Top Bottom