Sleeping outside.

Around 10:00pm

IMG_1221.jpg

Close to 1:00am

IMG_1223.jpg

Ambient temp was 50*F

IMG_1225.jpg

My Meller's has been outside since the Spring. The last couple mornings it has been 47F at 7am. You should leave yours out, too. ;)

Have you seen the veileds try to go down into a crevice or under something in the cage yet? They're known to do that in the wild when it gets really cold overnight.

What did you do to have to sleep outside? Nice that your cham went along.:D;)

Hardy har har ;)

My Meller's has been outside since the Spring. The last couple mornings it has been 47F at 7am. You should leave yours out, too. ;)

Have you seen the veileds try to go down into a crevice or under something in the cage yet? They're known to do that in the wild when it gets really cold overnight.

Jake will sleep in the tree like you see kinda low and even away from the heat emitter.... Sometimes I move him up closer... but last night I didn't.

So no... not really :/

I'd like to let the melleri outside... but... I dunno... LOL If something happened (sorry to say this) I almost rather the veileds be the ones :eek: I am more worried about escape and cold... but so far I haven't seen any bad effects of this cold weather. They are slower moving... I don't feed them all that much... they've both lost a bunch of weight but leveled off. Fred is finally at a good weight. Before he was soooo fat... not hes thinned out. They are both in the 212-220g range. They don't get sun until late in the afternoon... but at least they get some. They get aa 5.0, grow light and heat lamps and heat emitters at night. Planning to get the ReptileUV heat emitters soon. Less wattage and more direction of heat.

He looks like he is absolutely loving the extra time outside!

I think he is liking it. As I said above... not much direct sunlight... but they do wake up to the sun... I should prolly turn off the lights when the sun goes down but I like to give them more time under the heat lamps.... :eek:

I had outdoor cages also. I was always afraid to let them overnight outside though. Don't you worry about raccoons or cats? I live in the burbs but right next to a nature preserve. So i get all the "critters" comig up to my yard at nite. :D I loved putting them outside to sun though when i could keep watch.

Back
Top Bottom