Sleeping on bottom of cage

RunCode3

Well another curve ball from Tobias, Ive included the "ask help" from my last thread a few weeks ago.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, FORUM think its a FEMALE (several threads about it) think it was born around 11/11, had since 1/12

Handling - 1-3 X a week, cleaning and inspecting

Feeding - been feeding a lot less to lower egg count, 2 superworms or max 6 med crickets.

staple crickets loaded with Bug Burger and those blue water crystals, Superworms with same gut load as treats mayby 3 a week.

Supplements -See Above. I also for the past 3 days have been attempting to give him Reptaid

Watering - I have a Exo Pump style mister, I distill my own water at home. Mist the cage at 0515hrs (leave at 0520 for work), and avoid him. His plants always are moist to help with humidity. Mist again at 630PM for apprx 5 min. 1 week ago for about 2 weeks he would drink from the mister, now he wont (almost afraid of it.. I blame the GF who said she accidently sprayed him while drinking and scared him)
Gets a shower 1X a week on the Ficus for about 10-15 min.

Fecal Description - black/Brown poop. White other part *have noticed on occasion a little orange with small orange crystals* Poop smells like poop. Never been tested for Parasites.

History -Store Bought at Sandbar in Costa Measa, UNK breeder.

Cage Info: exo terra ? with wooden rods wrapped in faux vines and exo vine for basking branch

Cage Type - Screen 2X2X4'

Lighting -CLF 5.0 X2, 2.0 X1 (all in hood) this brand.... http://www.amazon.com/Repti-Glo-Comp...d_rhf_sc_shvl8
1X 30W Indoor Sunshine, OVer the Ficus on the left - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

lights on for 12hr starting at 0730

Temperature - basking with 50W ceramic in center of cage, gets between 85-90, always had a needle themomitor and checked with digital
bottom of cage low/mid 70s' Ceramic thing turns off with the lights at night ( for past 1 week)

Humidity - lowest has been 20%, stays around 40-70% throughout the day checked with needle gauge which stays in center of cage

Plants - 1 big real ficus, 1 real coffee tree 3 small safe plants 1 fake bush above feeding cup, 1 11"X11" plastic pottery with washed play sand kept moist in the event eggs need to by laid.

Placement - top of cage 6'9ish from floor. low traffic area (live alone), by front door, no draft.

Location - Coastal Orange County, CA

Current Problem -

I came home to him sleeping on the dirt of the fucus plant last night, Good color, nothing looked out of place. I woke him up, he was MAD and he climbed to a branch where he spent the rest of the night. earlier in the day he was notmal / active and ate.
Today I gave him a nice shower to aid with the shed is is finishing, and he was active, diddnt fall or stumble or seem weird.

About 10 min before his lights were going to go off, I saw him wandering towards the Ficus pot he was in last night. I startiled him up to the ficus and now he is sleeping there.

Ive been out of town for a week, and had a friend (who has an acct on this forum) take care of him the same way I do / have been.

Its been a little worm here, his cage has been low 70's, im assuming he was hot and wanted to get low to cool down? Or is he (who is actually a she) getting ready to lay eggs? I have the laying bin all set up, but no test holes yet.

Or should I just not worry since there are no other signs.

If it was Tobias's normal sleep time, then I don't think it's exceptionally weird. I've had them sleep in really strange places. I'm sure it's just to mess with my mind.

As long as Tobias has access to the laying bin (a vine or two that drops right onto it) then just keep it moist and try not to be too much of a stalker.

If it was Tobias's normal sleep time, then I don't think it's exceptionally weird. I've had them sleep in really strange places. I'm sure it's just to mess with my mind.

As long as Tobias has access to the laying bin (a vine or two that drops right onto it) then just keep it moist and try not to be too much of a stalker.

Copy that! Ill update this if Tobias starts sowing other signs of weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom