Sleeping during the whole day

I am using a 10.0. Does that mean I can stop supplementing with d3??
Not necessarily. I do know someone experimenting with zero supplemented d3, but I can't speak to his conditions. What I do have experience with is when I first had my female panther I had her under a 10.0 with a traditional supplementation schedule and she starting missing her feeders when she shot. Her appetite was decreased as well. Vet said it was too much d3 under a 10.0 and the forums also suggested I switch to a 5.0. I now have both my girls on under a 5.0 (actually an arcadia 6%). One female is on a traditional supplement schedule and one is on LoD. The young one has a personality and behaviors that are an anomaly to me, but both are healthy and chillin.

I doubt you'll ever get your money back from CB Reptile. If and when you would like to try again just come here and we will set you up with a breeder that is top notch.

Ok do happen to know anyone right now. I’m just curious
Not off the top of my head. You'll want to do a deep deep clean on your setup before you get a new one anyways. If it was a parasite like Coccidia you could be unintentionally getting your new one sick if that's what it was. So you'll want to treat it like that's what it was. I'll hit up some breeders for you in the meantime.

Sorry for your loss ? But from what I gathered about CB Reptiles is that they are a bad breeder and I would contact them immediately about what happened. They go by the name Torti
Ok do happen to know anyone right now. I’m just curious

If you plan on getting another chameleon from a reputable breeder, everything needs to be cleaned with bleach, set to sit for an hour, then washed and sundried. This will get rid of most parasites except coccidia. To be extra safe, use a 10% solution of ammonium hydroxide and scrub the entire cage with it and leave it to sit for an hour, hose off and sundry. Any live plants need to just be discarded and replaced with new ones. Any other cage decorations need to be cleaned/soaked in the ammonium hydroxide the same way as you would with bleach. Any tools you use as well, such as tongs or misters, need to be cleaned the same way. Bleach does not kill coccidia but the ammonium hydroxide will

EDIT: wanted to clarify be extra careful as bleach and ammonia together is extremely toxic, just exercise caution :) best of luck to you

Sorry for your loss ? But from what I gathered about CB Reptiles is that they are a bad breeder and I would contact them immediately about what happened. They go by the name Torti

If you plan on getting another chameleon from a reputable breeder, everything needs to be cleaned with bleach, set to sit for an hour, then washed and sundried. This will get rid of most parasites except coccidia. To be extra safe, use a 10% solution of ammonium hydroxide and scrub the entire cage with it and leave it to sit for an hour, hose off and sundry. Any live plants need to just be discarded and replaced with new ones. Any other cage decorations need to be cleaned/soaked in the ammonium hydroxide the same way as you would with bleach. Any tools you use as well, such as tongs or misters, need to be cleaned the same way. Bleach does not kill coccidia but the ammonium hydroxide will
Ok thank you so much

EDIT: wanted to clarify be extra careful as bleach and ammonia together is extremely toxic, just exercise caution :) best of luck to you

Lol glad you caught that, I'd suggest something other than ammonia and bleach together just to be on the safe side.

Lol glad you caught that, I'd suggest something other than ammonia and bleach together just to be on the safe side.
Would this work for cleaning it

Attachments

• 822BDEFB-E991-46E8-B07A-0539E6ADF1F6.png
    822BDEFB-E991-46E8-B07A-0539E6ADF1F6.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 63
I would clean using 40 volume peroxide. You can find it online or in any beauty supply store. Get the liquid version, not the cream. Make sure to use gloves and don't get it in your eyes, it will burn you. Spray down his whole cage, branches, fake plants, etc with it. Keep the items wet with it (reapply multiple times) for 15-20 minutes, then rinse them off thoroughly. Personally when my boy had parasites (coccidia) I rinsed the items off, and them cleaned them with soap, and rinsed again.

This stuff should kill any parasites he could've had (including coccidia). I know much lower level peroxide is used on plants, but I dont think plant could withstand something this strong.

This could be overkill since I didn't see you say that you knew what he had/could've had. But this stuff is very effective.

Since he had a watery fecal, it could've been coccidia. Coccidia is seriously bad, if left to progress.

Back
Top Bottom