sleeping during the day

also i don't think you handle him like you said he fell asleep on your finger, because he likely fell asleep on your finger from stress

the red light could be your big problem when i used a red light my chameleons had to shut their eyes a lot
The red light was added after it started closing its eye...so it's not likely that.

he may be lacking vitmin A. or you may using too mcuh carrots in his diet.
Too much carrot in the insect food/gutload won't be a problem...the vitamin A from carrot is beta carotene and cannot overdose. Beta carotene is converted to vitamin A as needed. Hard to know if the chameleon has a deficiency at that age.

The red light was added after it started closing its eye...so it's not likely that.

Too much carrot in the insect food/gutload won't be a problem...the vitamin A from carrot is beta carotene and cannot overdose. Beta carotene is converted to vitamin A as needed. Hard to know if the chameleon has a deficiency at that age.
but chameleon can not convert beta carroten to vitamin a. Maybe be so but I was more aiming that I have read that one should take it easy with carrots when gutloading for chameleons. Also I have friend who deal with similar problems with his trioceros nonates closing their Eyes after a couple of weeks of been born. he fixed the problem when he started to give them some dripps of vitamin A oil. so it could be lack of vitamin A or it could not be.

All I was saying is that the beta carotene/carrots would not be a part of the vitamin A issue if it is indeed a vitamin A issue.

All I was saying is that the beta carotene/carrots would not be a part of the vitamin A issue if it is indeed a vitamin A issue.
yeah, I wasn´t clear about the carrots. what i was saying (not really on the topic) is that to much carrots are bad for chameleon aswell due gout I belive?

I'd be interested in reading studies about carrots being bad for chameleons. This info keeps dropping up but I've never known why. As for gout...carrots are low in uric acid and are actually recommended for people to eat when they have gout...read under vegetable juices...
http://selfsufficientlifestyle.com/10-powerful-foods-that-lower-uric-acid-levels/

One more...
http://juicing-for-health.com/health-benefits-of-carrot
hm that was interesting. thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom