Skin Questions

sibeers

Cage Info:

Cage Type -18"x18" Screen cage with one wall being a foam "rock" wall.
Lighting - Don't know the brand but I have a basking lamp and a uv light. Schedule is 8 am to 8 pm.
Temperature - Average temp is 80-90. High of 95 low of 72ish at night. Thermometer in cage.
Humidity - 40 to 60. Hygrometer.
Plants -no live plants
Placement - Corner of a small apartment room. 3.5 ft from top of cage to floor. Nearest vent is across room on ceiling.
Location - Columbus, Ohio

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Female Veiled. I've had her for about 8 weeks. I don't know how old she was when I got her.
Handling - I try to handle her everyday. Mostly every other day.
Feeding - Diet of crickets. Tried meal worms but she never went for them. About 3-5 medium/large crickets per day. Some days less, most was about 8. Gut loading crickets with cricket food and cricket drink green pellets.
Supplements - "Bone Aid" Calcium powder. Dusting almost every cricket.
Watering - Running water fountain. Mist at least twice a day sometimes up to 4. Yes I've seen her drinking.

Current Problem - I've noticed that the spine and ridges of my cham's head are more brown than they used to be. Also it seems like her left side's color is a bit more muted grayish green when compared to her right side's green color.

I was just wondering if these things mean anything and if there is anything I can do.

Thanks

Mushy black spotted casque

I've actually been experiencing the same thing on my male veiled cham. In the last 2 days these dark brown/black spots have appeared on the back sides of his casque. The casque is also kinda mushy when I push on it. He has no signs of MBD or dehydration.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - 3ft high by 2ft wide by 2 1/2ft long, all mesh with a wooden frame
* Lighting - ReptiSun 5.0 and ReptiNightGlo 40w. Nightglo is on 24hrs a day, reptisun on 12-14hrs a day. Heatlamp was inside the cage but moved outside recently, and UVB remains outside the cage at all times.
* Temperature - Hydrometer ranges temp between 85 at night and 97 during the day
* Humidity - Hydrometer ranges humidity between 35 and 50, and I have a lake right outside the window.
* Plants - Fake plants inside cage; had a live zebra plant and a photos but cham really didn't like them
* Placement - Corner of bedroom, located between wall and dresser (1/2 foot of airway all around). Have a fan in the room
* Location - California, major city

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon, approximately 6 months old. Owned since 2/3 weeks old
* Handling - Once a day, anywhere from 2 minutes if being placed in feeder cage to 30 minutes of handling
* Feeding - He gets 10-15 small crickets a day, dusted with calcium twice a week. Crickets are gutloaded with Fluker's orange cubes and carrot slices.
* Supplements - Rep-cal phosphorous-free calcium with vitamin D3, and reptolife plus multivitamin. He was getting calcium daily for the first 3 months then multivitamin every week, but it started coming out of his nose so doses got scaled back to dusting twice a week and a multivitamin bi-weekly.
* Watering - Spray 1-2 times daily, dripper after feeding. Cham does drink off leaves, and occasionally goes up to the spout of the dripper and takes water from there.
* Fecal Description - Droppings are good, urinate and feces, good coloring.
* History - Only other problems cham has is during shedding, he frequently gets shed in his eyes, but it clears up after a day or two.
* Current Problem - See above.

Back
Top Bottom