Skin Infection from Cham?

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was wondering if it is possible to get a skin infection from a cham? When mine holds on to me, his claws go under my skin and leave a lot of red marks all over my arm. I'm wondering if that can get infected since their nails probably aren't the cleanest and it is going under my skin? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

I was wondering if it is possible to get a skin infection from a cham? When mine holds on to me, his claws go under my skin and leave a lot of red marks all over my arm. I'm wondering if that can get infected since their nails probably aren't the cleanest and it is going under my skin? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

It's a common skin reaction, especially with veileds it seems. I wouldn't be worried about infection unless you're immunocompromised in some way and got really badly gored. And even then, just make sure to clean up with some soap and water! :)

I've never had a problem from those marks from a veiled chameleon. Just wash your hands after with soap and water and it should be fine.

As long as you dont have sensitive skin (such as me) you are good! After handling my boy without long sleeves, the places his claws dug in kind of look like mosquito bites, and itch like all hell, and turn into scabs. :cautious:

Panther chams don't do that, trade your veiled for a panther, much better experience!! That statement is nondebateable!! Lol..

Back
Top Bottom