Simba is home!!!!!!!

KatCham

Established Member
WOOOOHOOOO!!! He's here!!! :D

He's soooo tiny, but gorgeous, I love him!!!

Got silkworm delivery early this morning ;), then about an hour later, guess who arrives????

I opened the box and he looked like he was dozing, just adorable, then after a minute or so of warming up and getting used to the light, he was like " Oh, Hi....can you help me out of here please??" So cute, climbing out onto my finger.

Here's some pics I quickly snapped after getting him out of his tub:

002-5.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

Then it was into his enclosure to warm up and recover

006-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

Soo cute:

009-3.jpg

He headed straight up top near the heat, then started licking at the branch so I misted the leaves and he had a little drink...so cute his little tongue lapping up the water!!! I think I'd want a drink too after a 300 mile journey though! :eek:

I can't get over how small he is...bless!!:

015-1.jpg

Welcome home Simba!!! xxx

010-2.jpg

011-3.jpg

WOW, doesn' time fly when ur having fun!!!

He's been chillin up there for about an hour now, so I'm gonna go and see if he'd like some grub :D

Well, he doesn't seem that interested in food at the moment.

He was wary of my hand going in the enclosure so I've just left a couple of the silkworms on a leaf for him. Hopefull he'll find them and gobble them up.

He's obviously more interested in exploring his new pad. :)

WOOHOO!! He did a lil poop! Looks healthy enough...like a little brown slug with a bit of white and some watery looking stuff around it.

Glad everything is working right!! :D

Oh, and the rest of his feeders have just been delivered, what a busy day this is!!! LOL

Well I've seen him eat one of the silkworms. The other one is still on its leaf.

Think I might sort a little shallow dish to put the feeders in, just so i can monitor what he's eating.

Hehe! Theya re such timewasters aren't they?! I could watch mine eat all day!:D He looks so small and cute and totally loveable! Congrats! But beware - one chameleon isn't enough, lol!

He looks alert and in great shape, sounds like he'll settle in quick. Lets see drinking, check, eating, check, pooping, check. He's good to go, better get a female ready.

He looks alert and in great shape, sounds like he'll settle in quick. Lets see drinking, check, eating, check, pooping, check. He's good to go, better get a female ready.

LOL!!!! I know, he seems to be doing ok. He's found a spot in the fake foliage on the side of the cage where the mister doesn't splash. It came on and he was like, I'll stay here I think till this storm passes!!! LOL

I've found a shallow little cup for his feeders. Have put it at the front low down with a silkworm, a calci worm and a couple of roaches in. I'll go and have a look later to see if he's had a nibble. Hopefully it'll take him just a couple of days to realise thats where his food will be (for now anyway)

Otherwise he's just exploring :D

I enjoyed reading your thread so much.:) Getting that first baby chameleon home is such a special time. I can almost see you grinning from ear to ear with happiness!:D He is adorable, enjoy him, and we will too as we watch him grow up.

I enjoyed reading your thread so much.:) Getting that first baby chameleon home is such a special time. I can almost see you grinning from ear to ear with happiness!:D He is adorable, enjoy him, and we will too as we watch him grow up.

Thanks Laurie!! I can't get over how tiny he is... he's just adorable.
I AM grinning from ear to ear!!! It's hard to imagine something so small ends up as big and as beautiful as they do. I'm going to love watching him grow!!

wow so happy for you hes a great looking little guy, CONGRATS
p.s im smiling for you too lol hes just too cute

Well, Simba has definately found his fave spot...right at the top of his enclosure on a ficus branch.

Tried to get some close ups of him in his happy colours, as he's showing hints of green and orange on his body (camera isn't very good at capturing the colour) :

016-3.jpg

017-3.jpg

018-1.jpg

Like I say, I've put a feeder cup in there where he can see it, but he still hasn't eaten anything else.

If they're still there just before lights out I'll take them out and try him again in the morning.

See if you can spot Simba.....

019-1.jpg

He is so cute! What a tiny little guy! Aww I remember when I got my first panther baby, Cerberus was just such a scrawny tiny baby, all eyes! :D:D Congrats on your adorable new addition!

Back
Top Bottom