Simba is home!!!!!!!

Thanks Laurie!! I can't get over how tiny he is... he's just adorable.
I AM grinning from ear to ear!!! It's hard to imagine something so small ends up as big and as beautiful as they do. I'm going to love watching him grow!!

Make sure to take photos every month so you can look back on how he changed when he's all grown up! It's wonderful to look back and remember jsut how tiny they used to be! :D

You're making me laugh with all your updates! Aren't they just fascinating animals? He's so adorable, with a naughty twinkle in his eye LOL. Your cage setup is great, from what I can see. It's nice you are enjoying him so much. Makes the wait so worth it. :)

I remember how excited I was to get my first!!! Looks like you are feeling the same way:D He looks nice and healthy and the set up is nice too!! They dont always take to the feeding cup right away. You could free range some crickets in there along with the roaches and worms in the cup and see if he takes them. They dont really hide much after they find the heat source. They tend to stay under the lights so he should have no problem finding them;) Of course it can take a little while for him to get acclimated so I wouldnt worry too much. Just give him as much privacy as possible for the first few weeks. I know, its hard:p

Congrats!!!

He's pretty! You are lucky he started drinking right away. It's been a week and I haven't seen my little guy drink yet!:mad:

I think he looks great, and with that setup he should do well.
I love them when they are that small and cute...they don't stay that way for long.

congrats

Harry

What a little doll he is! Congratulations

I almost forget how small they start out, I love his tiny little feet :)

Looks like your thread warmed alot of hearts with memories of first chameleons! It made me smile and remember the countless hours I stared and watched (ok I still do ;))

Enjoy

Hey kat!! Congrats on your new little fellow!! Im a newbie too and STILL grinning from ear to ear!! I could stare at him for hours!!! YEAY!!:D

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.

It is so hard to leave him and not just sit and watch him!!! LOL

No luck with feeding last night, but, takes them a little while to get used to the cup.

I put 5 lil silks in there this morning, so we'll see if he can be tempted today. Fingers crossed.

NEWSFLASH! He has actually moved from his fave branch!!! :eek:
I thought he'd set up camp up there!!! But no, he was under his basking light just before, turning his PEENY body to the side, gotta make sure you toast both sides you know!!! LOL

So, yeah, I'll keep you all posted on feeding. He's done everything else, so hopefully it won't take him long. Poor little man did travel 300miles to get here so he's probs still in recovery.

I've decided I'm gonna go out today so I can't check on him!!! Give him ultimate privacy!!!

I will take monthly pics (if not weekly LOL) it'll be fab to do a post when he's all grown up of how he changed!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!.....AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!! LOL

Oh I hope I haven't upset him......

just about to go out and thought I'd check him before I go out.

No silks touched and one of them had gone wet and didn't look healthy at all, so I opened the door and took that worm out....

.... the only thing is, the branch at the top of the cage, Simba's fave spot, touches the door, so when I opened the door, the branch gave a little bit and I think Simba got a fright.
He went really dark and climbed onto the mesh on the top of his cage.

I hope I haven't put him off feeding. :(

Like I say, off out now so will check tonight (Around 5pm) whether he's eaten anything when I go in to mist him.

He will be ok won't he??? I know they take a little while to settle in, but I hope he eats soon. He's only had 1 silkworm since yesterday morning. (worry)

Anyone else worrying about babies eating??

Well Simba doesn't seem bothered now, after I rudely disturbed him!! LOL

He's back in his fave spot and I've just been up to mist.

Still no silks eaten, but on misting up there where he's perched, he's licked some drops of the branch, so at least he's keeping hydrated.

I'm a little less stressed about him not eating.

I read a reply of yours from last year Tiff, saying they can take a while to adjust, but to just keep them hydrated and carry on with the daily routine.

Then he'll hopefully relax and eat when he's comfortable.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest

I'll put the feeders in the cup every morning and take the uneaten ones out before lights out. One day I won't have any to take out ;)

Stay tuned!!! LOL

I would try putting a silkworm on the cup's rim. And maybe one near the cup. Leading him to it.

I think I'm going to move the cup up a bit so I definately know he can see it from his fave branch. How far can 3mo chams see???? Then if that works and he knows which direction to head in I can move it down later if need be.

Like I say, I'm pleased he's still drinking. I think feeding will come with time (but will try relocating the cup too)

I've had new arrivals eat immediately like nothing's happened (namely, my fatty panther Daedalus :D) and others take a few days to eat more than one or two food items. Remember that this is a huge life change for them, but don't worry, he won't starve himself to death.

WOw he is so cute and tiny.Congratulations!!
I cant wait till March for mine to come but I that is soooo small.
I hope mine is good eater, I hate stressing out about that kind of thing.

Yeah, I've never had any that had trouble eating. I let them hunt them down and I'm pretty sure they like it.

Well, the stubborn lil bugger still han't eaten anything. 2 days since he ate the calci worms.

Put 3 silks in the cup this morning. He's been left all day with them, I've just come back in and saw 2 silks in the cup...I thought FAB he's found them and ate one.....NO there it is on the floor!! Bummer!

Oh well, I'll just keep putting the grub in there...up to him when he eats it.
He'll have to give up his hunger stike at some point!! LOL

Gonna try with calci worms again 2mrw morning.

I'll tell you what he is doing tho...POOPING FOR BRITAIN!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom