Silly question

RichNkiwi

Hey everyone,

Ive got a male and female veiled chameleon who are in separate enclosures at opposite ends of the room but they cannot see each other.

My Question is I'm thinking of making a bit of a free range area in the middle of the room, will them seeing each other cause me any problems? i know it might sound really stupid but if i don't ask i won't know.

The will not both be on the free range area at the same time but i don't want to stress one or the other out by them seeing each other lol

Thanks for any help and sorry for the silly question.

Thanks
Rich

You could put a cover over the side of the cage facing the free range so they can not see each other. It will stress them if they see each other especially the female.

I think to continue this everyday and allowing them to see each other will cause issues and lead to two stressed chameleons... male veiled will often want out of their viv in search of a mate regardless, so seeing a potential mate everyday may have take its toll. Also I can imagine the female would stressed even more so.

Can you not put the tree in another room?

I think to continue this everyday and allowing them to see each other will cause issues and lead to two stressed chameleons... male veiled will often want out of their viv in search of a mate regardless, so seeing a potential mate everyday may have take its toll. Also I can imagine the female would stressed even more so.

Can you not put the tree in another room?
OK thanks and yeah thats the new plan :) maybe free range in a different room instead.

Back
Top Bottom