Silky eating my Ficus tree

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a feeder in my cham's viv that is small, not the best so occasionally a silkworm will escape it. So yesterday I noticed a silkie eating a leaf the Ficus tree. So by the time I found my phone to take the picture, the worm was gone! I haven't seen any other leaves that look like they were eaten but I did throw out the worm that was (now) at the bottom. Is this likely to happen or was I just seeing things?

Thanks. I have the solid food that Costal Silkworms provides with the silkworm pod and keep a bit in the feeder. My cham doesn't seem enamored with the silkies so if they escape the feeder, they have free roam.

I was expecting the same :confused: I'll occasionally see him take a dubia and a silkie but he just prefers circkets to anything else. This week I ran out of crickets and haven't got him any yet.

I should have said so before good call on getting rid of it after it ate the ficus leaf. It might have been fine but why risk it.

Yea I did after I looked at avatar closer. The circle somewhat cuts them off. Still looks like bites out of the plant

Well I thought I saw the silkie munching that leaf and turned away for a second...and the worm was at the bottom!

Back
Top Bottom