Silky eating my Ficus tree

Highway61

Avid Member
I have a feeder in my cham's viv that is small, not the best so occasionally a silkworm will escape it. So yesterday I noticed a silkie eating a leaf the Ficus tree. So by the time I found my phone to take the picture, the worm was gone! I haven't seen any other leaves that look like they were eaten but I did throw out the worm that was (now) at the bottom. Is this likely to happen or was I just seeing things?

Highway61

Avid Member
Thanks. I have the solid food that Costal Silkworms provides with the silkworm pod and keep a bit in the feeder. My cham doesn't seem enamored with the silkies so if they escape the feeder, they have free roam.

Highway61

Avid Member
I was expecting the same :confused: I'll occasionally see him take a dubia and a silkie but he just prefers circkets to anything else. This week I ran out of crickets and haven't got him any yet.

JacksJill

Staff member
I should have said so before good call on getting rid of it after it ate the ficus leaf. It might have been fine but why risk it.

Chameleomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yea I did after I looked at avatar closer. The circle somewhat cuts them off. Still looks like bites out of the plant

Highway61

Avid Member
Well I thought I saw the silkie munching that leaf and turned away for a second...and the worm was at the bottom!

Top Bottom