silkworms

Correction, I've hatched a full 250 (pictures in one of my previous posts) but I realized it was wayy too many worms for my single male panther so I ended up giving around half of them to my local pet shop who has a mulberry tree outside. Raising 250 would definitely require around 1 lb of powder, assuming you do not waste much of it. If you haven't hatched the eggs yet, then do not hatch all of them, maybe around half so you are not wasting money on food and will not be stuck with excess worms.

Yeah see this is what I am stressing is raising so many although I will have a baby that will be able to take down some serious amount lol. I wish they offered lower amounts to buy though. Like a dip a toe in and see if it is for you amount :hilarious:

@Beman maybe go with the staggered approach. What I did is kept one container on top of my chameleon cage where they get a smidge of heat from my basking lights and another container I kept on the floor where it's cooler--if you have a cooler place in your home then you can probably slow the growth down even more. The worms I kept on top of the cage reached adulthood super fast and I fed those off first. I then promoted some floor worms to the top of cage container, rinse and repeat.

@Beman maybe go with the staggered approach. What I did is kept one container on top of my chameleon cage where they get a smidge of heat from my basking lights and another container I kept on the floor where it's cooler--if you have a cooler place in your home then you can probably slow the growth down even more. The worms I kept on top of the cage reached adulthood super fast and I fed those off first. I then promoted some floor worms to the top of cage container, rinse and repeat.
Great idea thanks!

Back
Top Bottom