Silkworms good for skin?

This guys favorite food item is silkworms. 3 to 6 worms daily. And the skin on this juvi looks great, next to others his/her age. I'll have to do a side by side compare photo to show.

Last edited:
This guys favorite food item is silkworms. 3 to 6 worms daily. And the skin on this juvi looks great, next to others his/her age. I'll have to do a side by side compare photo to show.
i wish i could get mine to eat silks....they will if i hand feed them, but pretty much never from a feeder cup, though they'll eat other worms from the cups.... i dunno.... but it wouldn't surprise me that it would make a difference.... i can definitely tell a difference when i feed mine hornworms, partially because of the hydration.... so i try to mix crickets, hornworms and butterworms periodically. i've tried roaches, but most of my chams are kinda apathetic with them....the boys are more likely to eat them than the girls...i find that kinda funny. ;)

They are all such picky little individuals! Mine used to LOVE silks, won't touch crickets and now its mostly hornworms and supers! I have about 75 silks here and the last 3 or 4 days he just stares them down!

I think its the keeper Steve. ;) The silks may help but something tells me its the quality care he's receiving.

Btw: was this one of the babies you guys got back in 2010 that were imported in pretty bad shape. If so you've gotten him rehabbed and looking good.

I wish you or Chuck or Todnedo forgive me if I forgot anyone else would have some luck breeding these guys. I'd try a cb baby, wc's that exp frankly scare the crap outta me. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom