Silkworms are here! Let's the fun begin

Robyrango

Hi finally got the silkworms! I'm so excited! :D
They're different sizes and I think some are starting to spin already!
Here they are!
af1d9332.jpg

I think this big guy is starting to spin..
c419899b.jpg

And those will start soon!
b7b74157.jpg

Fun?!?! More like let the work begin, lol! I am fed up with cleaning mine and feeding them! At least more and more are spinning now. It has taken me almost 2 hours some nights to clean and feed them all!

Oh don't listen to here she's bug crazy ;) :p make sure you have chow mixed up keep the containers clean and they'll be happy and do great for you I'm sure you'll have many questions so post them up!

Fun?!?! More like let the work begin, lol! I am fed up with cleaning mine and feeding them! At least more and more are spinning now. It has taken me almost 2 hours some nights to clean and feed them all!

Tiff I always wanted caterpillars as pets! This is the best Monday ever! Anything to get rid of smelly nasty crickets!:D

:D I have these stupid worms and moths stuck in my brain, lol! I even dream about them! Don't underestimate how important it is to keep everything clean. At the final instar they eat constantly! They eat an awful lot of food and poop it out again an awful lot too lol!:D

Oh don't listen to here she's bug crazy ;) :p make sure you have chow mixed up keep the containers clean and they'll be happy and do great for you I'm sure you'll have many questions so post them up!

I'm not listening!Lol
Chow mixed, they're eating like crazy and they're kept in a warm room.
I'm sure I'll have lots of question in the next couple of days!;)

:D I have these stupid worms and moths stuck in my brain, lol! I even dream about them! Don't underestimate how important it is to keep everything clean. At the final instar they eat constantly! They eat an awful lot of food and poop it out again an awful lot too lol!:D

I've been dreaming about them before they were even here!;-)
They're just 40! A walk in the park!
The sweat will start when 200 eggs will arrive! Can't wait!
And btw I have OCD!;-)

That OCD will stand you in good stead for silkworm care then! :D It'l all be worth it when those cute l'il moffies hatch! Mine should be emerging any day now, you'll probably hear me shouting and screaming all the way over in Ireland when they do, lol!:eek:

That OCD will stand you in good stead for silkworm care then! :D It'l all be worth it when those cute l'il moffies hatch! Mine should be emerging any day now, you'll probably hear me shouting and screaming all the way over in Ireland when they do, lol!:eek:

Can't wait! :)

Tiff I always wanted caterpillars as pets! This is the best Monday ever! Anything to get rid of smelly nasty crickets!:D

Ah but silkies are stinky maybe more so than crickets. They are poop machines and one dead one can spoil the rest.. I gave up on them as it seemed my chammies preferred hornworms over silks.

I know the feeling. I have 4 that emerged. Ugh so freaking cute. I constantly check the bin to see if any new ones emerged when I get home from work

You shouldnt get rid of your crickets even if you have silks. They should be a main feeder or atleast roaches. I love bugs and crickets really do stink :eek: If chams only knew how much love we have for them ..lol

You shouldnt get rid of your crickets even if you have silks. They should be a main feeder or atleast roaches. I love bugs and crickets really do stink :eek: If chams only knew how much love we have for them ..lol

No way! Hate hate hate crickets!:-(
I'll find some other feeder but I'm done with crix!

Back
Top Bottom