Silkworms are here! Let's the fun begin

I know the feeling. I have 4 that emerged. Ugh so freaking cute. I constantly check the bin to see if any new ones emerged when I get home from work

I do the same!:D
Today I was apologizing to one of the worm, saying that I'm really sorry it has to die..;)

I do the same!:D
Today I was apologizing to one of the worm, saying that I'm really sorry it has to die..;)

Im actually gonna feed them to my cham after they mate and lay their eggs :-( I dont want to, but I try to mix it up for him as often as possible. I mean, they're gonna die anyway so why the waste..lol

It's a boy!:)

Here the first moth! Pretty sure is a boy! Still as nobody to mate with! Hopefully few more will hatch in the next few hours!;-)
1c63fee8.jpg

d5c1f4dd.jpg

c85e42ff.jpg

Cool! Congrats! Cute l'il things aren't they?! Mine are having a mass orgy tonight, lol! My OH asked why is Amy's light making so much noise, but it was the moths all flapping about! Does look like a male to me too. I have noticed too that apart from having different sized antennae, they have different shaped rear ends too. The females rear is blunter and more open, whereas the males have a 'flappy' part right at the end. Kind of like the end of their bodies when they were caterpillars.

Cool! Congrats! Cute l'il things aren't they?! Mine are having a mass orgy tonight, lol! My OH asked why is Amy's light making so much noise, but it was the moths all flapping about! Does look like a male to me too. I have noticed too that apart from having different sized antennae, they have different shaped rear ends too. The females rear is blunter and more open, whereas the males have a 'flappy' part right at the end. Kind of like the end of their bodies when they were caterpillars.

Lol! That's funny! How many you have now?
I really hope some more will come along soon to keep him company and do their job!;-)
Wondering how long will he survive..:rolleyes:

She brought them online rather than had moths lay them. When I bought some eggs online, I didn't realise they were taken out of diapause to send them, so I put them into the fridge and killed them!

She brought them online rather than had moths lay them. When I bought some eggs online, I didn't realise they were taken out of diapause to send them, so I put them into the fridge and killed them!

Thanks for the tip you gave me the other day.. I would have loose 1/2 of them!
I'll send you few as good will..;-)

this is taking forever!!

Hi all, here an update on my silkworms! The eggs hatched on my birthday, the 19th, what a lovely present!:D
This is where all began
e92585c9.jpg

First coming out
IMG_6456.jpg

Difference between worms hatched 3 days apart
IMG_6482.jpg

They're growing:)
IMG_6523.jpg

At the moment is taking me 3 hours to cleanand rehousibg them!
IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

Wish I could get silks :(

Everywhere here seems to have gone out of stock!!
are you sure? mullberry farms seems to have some at least the site says so. but there fresh egg order is comming anytime now so I wouldnt order from current stock.

Back
Top Bottom