silkworm lifespan?+

Grizz

i have about 25 large(very large) silkies. they ran out of food today i was wondering how long they will last without food? also do they or can they be coerced into there moth state?

I read somewhere that you can hold them over for a few extra days on peeled carrot if you were wanting to order more chow.

id just throw some carrots in there (like the carrot peeler strips) and hopefully that will tide them over. I dont know. I had silk worms once last week and freaked out because I forgot food for them.. so I sold them to someone else. LOL.. not sure what came of it..assume they were eaten..

I found this..

PRO & CONS:

* The great thing about silkworms is that they only grow as much as you feed them, and they can go for up to a week without food.
* Keep in mind, however, that silkworms become dehydrated after a few days without food, and should be feed at least once daily in order to remain healthy.
* But, in general, if you have too many silkworms you can feed them a few times per week and they'll stay alive until you need them without growing too much larger.
* They are easy to mind if you need to go away.

i have about 25 large(very large) silkies. they ran out of food today i was wondering how long they will last without food? also do they or can they be coerced into there moth state?

peeled carrot will be fine for couple of days while waiting for your chow order to come.

Back
Top Bottom