just a few pics.

Attachments

• PXL_20211006_164911655.jpg
    PXL_20211006_164911655.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20211006_164937692.jpg
    PXL_20211006_164937692.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 81
sorry for this false msg. I have been having issue problems with my keyboard and after 6 months of looking up issues and trying everything but replacing the kitchen sink I am down to my daily conversations and posts. So I will attempt to post a picture (not silkworms) but of one of my tadpoles new back legs just starting to morph. From a different post so it might be a re-sharing.
1. Keyboard key 7 8 y u h j nm would not work.
2. Yesterday found 2018 thread : Remove battery (internal) press power button for 15 seconds.
WOW! It worked but after hooking everything back up it stopped working after 20 minutes.
3. Doing things one at a time and waiting 20 minutes. It has been working for1 hr 35 minutes.. Next step is post a picture and see what happens. Thanks for your time or waste of time. :LOL: (y)

Edited for outcome: 1234567890 yu hj nm are still working... Thanks for this experiment.

Attachments

• PXL_20211006_140239090~2.jpg
    PXL_20211006_140239090~2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20211006_140239090~3.jpg
    PXL_20211006_140239090~3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
WOW! Super job! Thanks for sharing--
With all mine- 0 of the ones that never went into the fridge made it. I just tossed them out today, since they just started growing mold. Lesson Learned...

Even though you and others helped so much the testing / experimenting was needed for me. (y)

It is fun raising these guys/gals since they grow so fast. The next batch of eggs will ALL get the diapause treatment---- no questions asked. :)

@redhorse, Thanks so much! I am happy to have helped in some way. About the diapause, if you get eggs that don't turn dark after three days, they might not go into diapause, thus they will develop and hatch. Those ones don't go in the fridge.

@MissSkittles: Sometimes there are ones that take a lot longer. I've had some hatch at 60 days after being taken out of the fridge.

@MissSkittles: Sometimes there are ones that take a lot longer. I've had some hatch at 60 days after being taken out of the fridge.
They were eggs that I ordered and just about all looked crimped down, the way they do when they’re dead. Only a few started lightening and looking about to hatch, so it’s a wonderful surprise that most of them are now hatching. I just love silkworms! 🥰

You guys...I wasn't prepared for how small they were. I have no idea what I'm doing. I put new dollops of chow in every morning and keep them in my mud room for warmth.

They are getting bigger and moving to the new food each day. I'm worried about mold but don't see that I can do anything about it unless I pick them all up and transfer them to another container...but they're so small I don't want to hassle them.

PXL_20211023_140817468.jpg
PXL_20211023_140840141.jpg

Congrats! They are tiny--- I would not use a butter knife to spread them on bread.. :LOL: Just kidding

They grow fast.. I would go back in the thread and look at the advice others gave me to fix things..

Congrats again(y)

Last edited:
You guys...I wasn't prepared for how small they were. I have no idea what I'm doing. I put new dollops of chow in every morning and keep them in my mud room for warmth.

They are getting bigger and moving to the new food each day. I'm worried about mold but don't see that I can do anything about it unless I pick them all up and transfer them to another container...but they're so small I don't want to hassle them.

Hi bbyodac and congrats on your silkworms! I could suggest that once the silkworms have transferred themselves over to the new food, you could remove the old bits. Just double check that there are not any left of those old pieces first. That's what I do.

Back
Top Bottom