Silkworm Eggs?

Yessabub

Established Member
I put my silkworm eggs in the refrigerator on november 7th when should i take them out? And once i do how long does it take for them to hatch?

yea i would take them out and give em a week or two to hatch, i love keeping silkies! i bought eggs over a year ago and now am on the 4th generation of those eggs, besides the chow they cost me nothing!

I still have eggs from a couple of months ago, but didn't ever put them in the fridge - is it too late to do it now?

I still have eggs from a couple of months ago, but didn't ever put them in the fridge - is it too late to do it now?

I would still try! What I have learned is that after eggs are laid some will hatch right away, within a week of being laid. The ones that don't hatch i put in the fridge for a month or two as i need em....i would definitely put them in the fridge for a month and see what happens!

Ok, thanks! I'll put them in and see then! How long should they be left in there for? I have a lot of chow left in the fridge from my latest batch of silkies.

i have had success every time with at least 4 weeks in the fridge, the only reason i leave them in longer is if i don't need them yet.

i took them out today what do i do with them?

did they hatch yet??

to be on the safe side, you should let it sit in the fridge for 2 months.. I have mine for 3 months, and they all hatch at 100% and I take them out only a few hundred at a time.. still many thousands...

Back
Top Bottom