Silkworm eggs!!

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
So I recently got 2000 silkworm eggs and found out that because I didn’t not get the cold pack I can’t refrigerate them not the point to this but anyway I had them on the shelf at about 80-85 degrees it just stays that hot in the upper part of my garage I seen somewhere that the eggs usually turn around a dark blue to a black It might be wrong so.. but there still like a greenish but I looked to see how they were doin and I seen 1 out of 2000 eggs just one coming out of the egg

5F0EC8C1-1557-454A-8B67-FDE0163C9923.png
7F0DEB3D-AE4F-415C-A0CE-26FD97F1CE07.jpeg

I know sometimes I don’t think I was like ok this is goin to be easy haha my dum self didn’t get the freezer pack so I couldn’t save some eggs for a later date... STUPIDITY...maybe things will work out it’s goin good as far as the hatching and feeding goes most of the eggs hatched got a steady temp of 79.5 I need to order more mulberry mix tho I can see that goin fast I can see why they are so much money that stuff isn’t cheap and they say they eat so much

That makes me feel a little better.. but I’ve been just looking up old threads and stuff I’ve seen people saying they’ve raised silkworm their hole life with 50% mulberry and 50% dandelion leaves I was goin to post a thread but I want to get more info first

Also I feel like there goin to starve befor they make there way to the food there’s so many I had to put the food to far from the middle because I don’t want to smush them. Can I do anything to make this work better?
77C8D808-608A-414D-8A62-6491EBF9AEE4.jpeg

How big of a colony did you have. I have about 20 and im only planning to keep a few for breeding the rest are going to be eaten by my cham. Is this ok? How many should i keep?
I used to keep them, but now I am going to wait because the food smells terrible when you are making it (assuming you are not feeding them leaves). Chow can be expensive sometimes, especially when the 2,000 get raised to adulthood. They grow rather quickly as well.

Yea I am using the mix. if anything I’ll end up buying more mix trying to get a couple dozen to moths and getting more eggs mulberry leaves come into season around the end of April right?? I might be wrong do you know a good place to get mulberry leaves for a good price?

Yea I am using the mix. if anything I’ll end up buying more mix trying to get a couple dozen to moths and getting more eggs mulberry leaves come into season around the end of April right?? I might be wrong do you know a good place to get mulberry leaves for a good price?
You can grow a tree. Then you can get leaves. :) It seems pretty affordable.

Back
Top Bottom