Silk worms & other worms

what other "worms" are you offering? silkworms, superworms and hornworms? Silkworms are pretty "heavy" so my guys tend to get full faster on them than other feeders. Today I offered my 6 month old girls 6-7 small silkworms and 2 small supers, and they both left 2 silkworms in the cup. I usually offer 10-12 silkworms/superworms/dubia. BSFL I just throw in and let them go to town on however many they want. 1 horn worm now and then (hard to keep them small enough for them).

Hi, I have a 4 month old veiled chameleon, how much and how often do I feed him?.
what other "worms" are you offering? silkworms, superworms and hornworms? Silkworms are pretty "heavy" so my guys tend to get full faster on them than other feeders. Today I offered my 6 month old girls 6-7 small silkworms and 2 small supers, and they both left 2 silkworms in the cup. I usually offer 10-12 silkworms/superworms/dubia. BSFL I just throw in and let them go to town on however many they want. 1 horn worm now and then (hard to keep them small enough for them).
I was wounding about super worms and what size to get him for he is about 4 months old, I see on eBay I can get 500 of them!, would that be to many to get at a time?.

I was wounding about super worms and what size to get him for he is about 4 months old, I see on eBay I can get 500 of them!, would that be to many to get at a time?.

I would get smalls for a 4 month old. 500 should be cheap... but they’ll grow to larges long before you feed them off. They live a long time. Its recommended superworms not making up more than 20% of their diet, so dont use it as a staple food.

So how do you dust the crickets?.

There are all sorts of “dusters.” I use a quart sized takeout container and cut a hole in the lid for the tube of my cricket keeper. I know rainbowmealworms sells two types.

What supplements are you using and how often?

Superworms are super cheap and easy to keep, it's a shame they are so unhealthy for chams. High fat and very bad calcium to phosphorus ratio, 2 bad things, on top of that they are addicting to chameleons where they will refuse other feeders once they get used to these. I know some have success with feeding these, but if I could do it over again I would have never offered these to my boy.

He's been on a hunger strike since I stopped superworms, eating pretty much only worms (BSFL, hornworms, silkworms). He finally took down a big cricket the other day and I was so happy. The first insect with legs he has had in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom