Signs of being Compacted?

NosyBe15

Hello Everyone. I am wondering what would be signs of a Cham being compacted. I have a 8 month old Panther who was pooping pretty regularly. Its been about 10-12 days since Ive seen a poop. He looks fine and still eats like he always does. My thing is he is in a big enclosure. 3x3x6, with live plants. So he could be pooping in a new spot and I am just not finding it, or not. He gets around like normal, drinks like normal. He doesnt look any fatter then I think he should look.

What would be a sign of him being not being able to poop, vs me just not finding the poops.

Hello Everyone. I am wondering what would be signs of a Cham being compacted. I have a 8 month old Panther who was pooping pretty regularly. Its been about 10-12 days since Ive seen a poop. He looks fine and still eats like he always does. My thing is he is in a big enclosure. 3x3x6, with live plants. So he could be pooping in a new spot and I am just not finding it, or not. He gets around like normal, drinks like normal. He doesnt look any fatter then I think he should look.

What would be a sign of him being not being able to poop, vs me just not finding the poops.

As long as he's drinking and active he's probably fine. Have you changed the feeders lately? Some softer bodied feeders tend to pass through a little quicker. Has the cage humidity or temp range changed lately? Cooler temps and drier conditions might slow things down.

Signs of constipation include crouching down and straining, stretching or hanging a hind leg off and on, partially everting his hemipenes, rubbing his vent on a branch. Sometimes you can stimulate things by taking him out to a new sunny spot in the house and letting him roam for a while, giving him a session in the shower, hand feeding a bit of mashed pear.

The poops have been found.......

He must of went this morning and it was massive. There were 2 urates, and a ton of poops. (sorry the word poops over poop makes me laugh). So I am thinking there could of been some sort of issue, but today he cleared it all out because it was ALOT of poops. Even a little bit of clear gooey stuff. I dont know what that is.

I cleaned it all out, tossed in his dusted crickets and he went hunting as he usually does, so I am assuming all is well.

Anyone have any idea's what the clear gooey stuff could be?

Any need for me to be concerned? Everything else with him seems fine. I could schedule a vet visit, but I just dont know what they would do other then look at him, say he looks good, and take my 200 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom