sick veiled

mpbm31

I found a female veiled in a foreclosed home I was cleaning. She was in a fish tank of all things! She has a wierd knot on her head, breathing problems, severe MS, underbite, and ribs are shaped wierd. I heard the owners got her from Petco here in Birmingham, AL. All my chams are in great health so I'm new to extreme problems but I'm definitly up to nursing her back to health. Besides the normal gut loading suppliments what else should I do? Any suggestions is grealty appreciated! Thank you!

Wow poor cham!

My first step would be taking her to the vet. I don't know much else that you could do on your own, aside from providing a safe environment for her right now.

like i said, not a pro but if u are going to take care of her...make a "handicapped" setup...low braches so if she does fall it wont be too far...paper towels on ground of enclosure also in case she falls

Yeah she needs to see a vet asap. She def has mbd and some other issues also Im guessing. I'd just make sure she has a screened cage in a very low traffic area and give her access to sunlight as much as possible. Can she grip very well? If not your going to have to set her cage up approp so that she doesnt fall and further injure herself. You may have to set a hammock type thing for her to sit in to bask and hang out on. I wouldnt give her anything except well gutloaded feeders and plain calcium until she sees a vet.
Do you have any idea how long she was left abandoned in that house? If shes able to grip well, I'd give her a nice long warm shower.(Just make sure the water is luke warm, not hot) She probably hasnt had one ever in her life and it will help her rehydrate and clean her eyes at least. But I'd be sure she has enuff strength to hang on to a plant first.

Oh my gosh that is so sad! Did they just leave her behind?! She looks in pretty rough shape there. A vet is a must! I want to kill people that mistreat animals like this. It is just heartbreaking.

How awful, poor little girl. How can any1 be so cruel and allow an animal to get to that state, i know i couldn't. She defo has MBD get her to the vets asap. Good luck, let us know how she is getting on please.

Just terrible!

Well thank God you found her, good luck with nursing her back to health! And we look forward to an update... hopefully a good one! :eek:

You definitely need to take that chameleon to a vet....poor thing. At least it still looks like it has a will to live.

The bump on the nose/head is likely an infection and will need to be cleaned out properly and the chameleon put on antibiotics after a culture and sensitivity test is done.

The vet can also give it injections of calcium and when the blood calcium levels are high enough a shot of calcitonin to draw the calcium back into its bones rapidly.

Unfortunately, it will still have the deformities in the legs, etc. but if nothing else has been badly damaged in its system, it could live a fairly long life.

Good luck with it!

I found a female veiled in a foreclosed home I was cleaning. She was in a fish tank of all things! She has a wierd knot on her head, breathing problems, severe MS, underbite, and ribs are shaped wierd. I heard the owners got her from Petco here in Birmingham, AL. All my chams are in great health so I'm new to extreme problems but I'm definitly up to nursing her back to health. Besides the normal gut loading suppliments what else should I do? Any suggestions is grealty appreciated! Thank you!

hi there take her to the vet. now the ms , underbite and the weird ribs are not fixable , she can life with a handicap , but the knot and the breathing problems are fixable , i hope its not to late and i wish you the best with your new patient
grts

hi there take her to the vet. now the ms , underbite and the weird ribs are not fixable , she can life with a handicap , but the knot and the breathing problems are fixable , i hope its not to late and i wish you the best with your new patient
grts

curious, what do you mean by MS?

wow!!! poor thing!! its amazing how strong veileds are. let us know what you find out about the lump on the head. i also agree with giving her as much natural sunlight as you can.

Poor girl, I am so glad you found her. I hate people that are not responsible for their pets. Good luck nursing her back to health or at least providing a comfortable home for the cham.

There isnt much to go on by looks, take her to the vet like everyone said :(

good luck with her....shes going to need alot of love

How sad that someone could just abandon her like that. You've already been told a bunch of times she needs a vet.

She looks like she loves the outside, poor baby. I'm glad you found her.

Back
Top Bottom