Sick Veiled?

Marley

Well one of my 3 month old female vield chams has been acting wierd the last couple of days. She wont eat and seems to not be very active. Also she looks alittle pale. She just sort of sits on her branch all slunched over.

I mist 3 times and day and feed about 10-15 crickets and 3 meal worms each day.

Im not sure if its something a vet is worth seeing or if she is just lazy. The thing that worrys me is she wont eat.

Thanks.

Well, shes eating again. Guess she just likes to mess with my mind. Women and their mind games.

Can you post a picture of her?

You said..."She wont eat and seems to not be very active. Also she looks alittle pale. She just sort of sits on her branch all slunched over"...I know you said she started eating again....but how's her activity level? Is she still slouched over her branch?

Do you have more than one in the same cage?

Can you post a picture of her?

You said..."She wont eat and seems to not be very active. Also she looks alittle pale. She just sort of sits on her branch all slunched over"...I know you said she started eating again....but how's her activity level? Is she still slouched over her branch?

Do you have more than one in the same cage?

Yes, i have two in the same cage, both females but the one that seems sick is much larger. Im working on making a much bigger cage. They grow so fast.

I would be tempted to separate them to see if that makes any difference. They will need to be separated soon anyhow.

She seems back to normal now, I took her outside so she could "explore".

Do they have to be separated?

Although two females can sometimes be housed together up to the age of about 4 months, if one is growing bigger than the other, I would separate them. In another month or two IMHO they need to be separated or you will end up with one dying from the stress. In the wild they have the option of moving away from something that stresses them out...in captivity (unless you have a huge cage) they can't.

Background information...I have been keeping chameleons for about 20 years now....and breeding/hatching them for over half of that time.

Alright, Im getting a larger cage for xmas. Im most likely going to get another after that. Just have to get more space.

Thanks for the info guys.

Back
Top Bottom