sick vailed at petco in texas

caroline?

Avid Member
hey everyone so the petco near my house has a vailed chameleon that is pretty sick, he eats dirt pretty much every time i see him and he has skin from is last shed cutting off the circulation of the tip of his tale and his urates are very orange and shriveled up and i think he might have mbd
he looks terrible and i wanna help him but idk how, it's been keeping me up at night :(

Attachments

• 928489C8-6F70-49B8-9796-7B7C875C602C.jpeg
    928489C8-6F70-49B8-9796-7B7C875C602C.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 120
  • B8C70E21-AA0E-4C5D-91F4-69F02F29AFC9.jpeg
    B8C70E21-AA0E-4C5D-91F4-69F02F29AFC9.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 6B70D561-2574-461B-8077-4D122048028E.jpeg
    6B70D561-2574-461B-8077-4D122048028E.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 121
hey everyone so the petco near my house has a vailed chameleon that is pretty sick, he eats dirt pretty much every time i see him and he has skin from is last shed cutting off the circulation of the tip of his tale and his urates are very orange and shriveled up and i think he might have mbd
he looks terrible and i wanna help him but idk how, it's been keeping me up at night :(
Speak with the manager politely telling him/her everything you see that is wrong with the chameleon and ask for them to give you the chameleon. I did this when I saw my poor Stella digging in the mud at Petco. They wouldn’t just give her to me, but I think I paid like $25 for her.

It is sad and it is common... And this is why most of us that have veileds have a few Petco ones as well.

But don't you have your hands full with tons of incoming babies?

Yes i have lots of baby jacksons on the way, Im gonna see if my aunt can get him, she loves my chameleons.

I want to talk to the manager but i don't think they will take me seriously because im 16 but i'll try.

its so sad how common it is for petco chameleons to be so sick?

Yes i have lots of baby jacksons on the way, Im gonna see if my aunt can get him, she loves my chameleons.

I want to talk to the manager but i don't think they will take me seriously because im 16 but i'll try.

I was at petco the other day and seen one of there babies closing its eyes during to day its so horrible that they are still allowed to keep chameleons

Maybe your aunt can go with you for adult support. If she has a good ‘mom’ face, that would be even better.

Ah yet another petco horror story ???

It truly is SO sad to see such improper husbandry and BASIC mistakes being made at these chain stores... and its the cham that suffers ? g2 agree with @MissSkittles talk to the manager. Good luck!???

she has pretty chubby looking legs and she is insanely round lol
here's some pictures:

Attachments

• 69619364-0A89-452B-AAF6-FA24E8E471A6.jpeg
    69619364-0A89-452B-AAF6-FA24E8E471A6.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 72DEA9C6-1BEB-4E36-95AD-7F0EFC9A0441.png
    72DEA9C6-1BEB-4E36-95AD-7F0EFC9A0441.png
    590.8 KB · Views: 81
@Anisa.corp well that's a long story lol
So i got her a week and 3 months ago, 5 days later i have 32 chameleons looking at me instead of one..

when i got her at the reptile shop they said she had been with a male the week before i got her, but that was while she was pregnant

so i believe she is just pregnant with her 2nd clutch now

just went to petco and the chameleon was adopted they said someone got him because it was a 30 dollar black friday sale, i really hope he went to a good home. :(

Yeah, this happens too often with big box stores that are only concerned about turning a profit. Only thing you can do is let them know what you observed and if you want it let them know you will take it and have it treated by a vet. I would not pay for it tho.
If you get no results at least it will help clear your mind.
Good luck and thanks for stepping up.?

just went to petco and the chameleon was adopted they said someone got him because it was a 30 dollar black friday sale, i really hope he went to a good home. :(
When I got Mango at petsmart, he was digging in the ground and going in his water dish. The way they treat animals at commercial pet stores is unreal. It's almost like they make the enclosures small and feed them small amounts of food on purpose so that more people will feel bad and make impulse buys and then petsmart earns more money:mad::mad::mad::mad:. I am a victim of the impulse buy, but it was to save the poor guy. I gave him a good life so far, but I really would appreciate if someone adopted him for me, someone who doesn't have parents that can say no every time he asks for some more decor or plants for a certain chameleon. If you go to CHAMELEONS FOR SALE, you'll find my listing.

Back
Top Bottom