Sick or Shedding?

Curly_Cham

I have a 3 1/2 old veiled chameleon, this morning we noticed this white spot on his crest. Is this a weird start to a shedding or is he getting sick? It's on both sides of his head in about the same place.

He's hunting crickets but has preferred to eat phoenix worms the last couple days. He's still drinking and basking normally and walking around the cage. He did take a large poop today that looked like it had one undigested worm because he's been preferring those the last couple days, the urate looked good.

Sorry if this is just a normal shedding start, I don't want to mistake "sickness" for shedding or vice versa.

I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• Momiji crest.jpg
    Momiji crest.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 108
Shedding. They don't start each shed on exactly the same place every time. It starts randomly, somewhere on their body.

Is there a way to make the shedding easier on him? It's definitely shedding because it's everywhere, happened really fast after I posted. He's running all over the enclosure rubbing himself, should i spray him directly or let him continue this way?

Is there a way to make the shedding easier on him? It's definitely shedding because it's everywhere, happened really fast after I posted. He's running all over the enclosure rubbing himself, should i spray him directly or let him continue this way?

Mist him, it will help, but him rubbing to get it off is normal behavior.

What type of worm did you see in his poop? Was it a BSFL, or something like a superworm? If it was a BSFL, that seems unusual for such a soft body to be undigested.

Back
Top Bottom