Sick Male Veiled??? HELP!

PascalsWorld

My veiled baby that I got almost a week ago and he won't eat.I've tried cup feeding and he still won't eat.He won't touch his crickets and the worms he will but maybe only 1. He also sometimes appears to be weak sometimes and at times he gets real dark and looks to be heaving? Other times he seems to be perfectly fine. I'm so confused :( please help...
ALSO IF YOU ALL CAN TELL ME HOW TO POST A PICTURE I CAN PUT IT SO YOU COULD HELP ME WITH HIS AGE AND JUST GET A LOOK AT HIM.

Veiled, male, unaware of age (they didn't know at the pet store) maybe with a picture you all can help me out with that.

Other than cleaning his cage out or fixing something inside he's been handled twice since I got him last Wednesday.

Crickets and mealworms dusted with calcium(exo Terra). Haven't gotten the calcium with D3 yet but I am aware he should take that only twice a month. Barely started gutloading with veggies and fruit yesterday. Before that was the basic Flukers. I've given him at the least 8 crickets daily but I find most at the bottom already dead. Maybe 2 worms.

I spray him about 2 or 3 times daily about 2-3 Minutes and have seen him drink water

Before today they were brown and white but one turd today seemed to look slightly yellow.

I got him from PetsMart (not sure that they took very well care of him)

Mesh cage 18×18×32
UVB 5.0 Reptisun
100 Watt Basking lamp National Geographic
I turn his lights on at 8am and off at 8PM
Day temp high is 84 degrees at top and 74 degrees at the bottom
At night it fluxuates between 60-65 degrees
Humidity is at 88% and I use a dripper and have 1 live hibiscus plant

I used to use a 60 watt ZooMed bulb but he would always climb to the very top of his cage right under the light. Not only that but the cage temps were around 75 degrees the highest so I figured he 60 watt wasn't heating up his big cage like it should. Hence the 100 watt.

As far as the feeders go, they arnt any bigger than his head :(

I used to use a 60 watt ZooMed bulb but he would always climb to the very top of his cage right under the light. Not only that but the cage temps were around 75 degrees the highest so I figured he 60 watt wasn't heating up his big cage like it should. Hence the 100 watt.

As far as the feeders go, they arnt any bigger than his head :(

What are you using to check the temps? Feeders should be no wider than the space between his eyes.

Pictures would definitely be very helpful. Does he have any symptoms other than the heaving, such as popping sounds, holding his head up constantly, mucous or bubbles?

Unfortunately most of the chain pet stores do not know about chameleons and do not care for them properly. Respiratory infections and parasites are pretty common. I learned the the hard way myself :(

Back
Top Bottom