Sick cham

Hello Again :). I found this youtube for you, I think it will be helpful.

I was reading about the Arcadia gut load, it seems like a really good gut load so great job on that!

It does say you can sprinkle it on fresh fruits and veggies OR you can add warm water to the mix and have a paste you can feed to the bugs. Do what will work best for you, but if you sprinkle it on the veggies, I would suggest adding a lot more veggies and putting the powder directly on the veggies. The other thing I noticed is the Arcadia gut load has bee pollen in it so you may not need to add that.

I would. I have my crickets and dubias on the same gut load. I am not familiar with the Arcadia gut load powder, does it have you mix it with water or anything? Dubia and crickets get their water source from the food they eat so I imagine the straight powder won't give them what they need as far as moisture goes. If anything, just throw in a bunch of fresh veggies every day or every other day. I do that on top of the home made gutload I freeze and use.
No water or mix like you would bug burger. I stopped using that after heard it doesn't benefit them. Looking at the insect fuel it has bee pollen in it. But can still add bee pollen I have. What is your home made gutload?

Attachments

• 20230820_234102.jpg
    20230820_234102.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 42
Wow you have a huge collection! I am a little jelly, I only have 3.

Do you want to share some photos of them with their enclosures? We can work on getting things squared away for them if you'd like.
I went alittle overboard. When I first started getting them. My first was a female an two after that were females. When breeders stated they were 100% males. Males I have are from bigger breeder companies. Sure thing lights are down now. An getting ready to get humidifiers going. Get humidity to 70-80% at night. Need 4 running an it's a pain.

Hello Again :). I found this youtube for you, I think it will be helpful.

I was reading about the Arcadia gut load, it seems like a really good gut load so great job on that!

It does say you can sprinkle it on fresh fruits and veggies OR you can add warm water to the mix and have a paste you can feed to the bugs. Do what will work best for you, but if you sprinkle it on the veggies, I would suggest adding a lot more veggies and putting the powder directly on the veggies. The other thing I noticed is the Arcadia gut load has bee pollen in it so you may not need to add that.
Thank you for that. Was told to use it from a breeders advice. Will try to see if it paste well. Haven't tried that yet. With horn an silkworms. I can barely get them to last a week. Silkworms aren't a staple but very good for them. So mulberry leaves would be the only gutload for them? Not sure what they feed the hornworms with light tan colored paste. An seeing bug burger mentioned on chameleon academy website. It's very easy to make it paste. An alot easier to get now that petsmart stocks it. But alot of bad things with its content reason I don't use anymore

Thank you for that. Was told to use it from a breeders advice. Will try to see if it paste well. Haven't tried that yet. With horn an silkworms. I can barely get them to last a week. Silkworms aren't a staple but very good for them. So mulberry leaves would be the only gutload for them? Not sure what they feed the hornworms with light tan colored paste. An seeing bug burger mentioned on chameleon academy website. It's very easy to make it paste. An alot easier to get now that petsmart stocks it. But alot of bad things with its content reason I don't use anymore
I’m no help at all. I just wanted to say I’m sorry and I hope you are able to heal. Love and light to you and yours.

I’m no help at all. I just wanted to say I’m sorry and I hope you are able to heal. Love and light to you and yours.
Thank you! Really appreciate it. Been rough last two days. I been waking up everyday to this Cham. Mostly for running outta room with my others. So I added him to the bedroom with a solo misting unit. Maxed out my mistking with 10 nozzles. Last few days waking up to a dark black cage. Getting teary eyed an not wanting to get up start the day. Having depression an bipolar disease. It's like a roller coaster of figuring out what I did wrong. Still need to dismantle the cage. Just bummed mood haven't found it in me yet. Just need to focus on my others an figure out. Improvements so they can have all out life ahead. Or do what's right for them an find them better homes. Posted a photo of my newest cham. Some type of designer cross. He's just very big chameleon an was 4 times smaller when I got him.

Attachments

• 20230525_222513.jpg
    20230525_222513.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 39
Thank you! Really appreciate it. Been rough last two days. I been waking up everyday to this Cham. Mostly for running outta room with my others. So I added him to the bedroom with a solo misting unit. Maxed out my mistking with 10 nozzles. Last few days waking up to a dark black cage. Getting teary eyed an not wanting to get up start the day. Having depression an bipolar disease. It's like a roller coaster of figuring out what I did wrong. Still need to dismantle the cage. Just bummed mood haven't found it in me yet. Just need to focus on my others an figure out. Improvements so they can have all out life ahead. Or do what's right for them an find them better homes. Posted a photo of my newest cham. Some type of designer cross. He's just very big chameleon an was 4 times smaller when I got him.
He’s beautiful! One step at a time. It’ll all end up okay, just remember to take care of yourself too.

No water or mix like you would bug burger. I stopped using that after heard it doesn't benefit them. Looking at the insect fuel it has bee pollen in it. But can still add bee pollen I have. What is your home made gutload?
I'll attach what I do here. I make a big batch of it and freeze it into ice cubes, then every other day I place a new one on a sour cream or cottage cheese lid in my bug bins on top of a paper towel. I place a rotation of cut up oranges slices or apple slices for extra hydration. Since cricket will start to eat each other if there isn't enough food around I also place extra food in the bin.

Attachments

• Gut Load.jpg
    Gut Load.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 35
I went alittle overboard. When I first started getting them. My first was a female an two after that were females. When breeders stated they were 100% males. Males I have are from bigger breeder companies. Sure thing lights are down now. An getting ready to get humidifiers going. Get humidity to 70-80% at night. Need 4 running an it's a pain.
They are addictive that is for sure! I have gotten 3 in total in the year and a half that I have been doing this.

Wow he is a beautiful boy! Is that blue colors I see with red? He looks amazing!

It's so rough losing a pet. Maybe do something to honor the guy you lost? Sometimes doing things to help with some closure helps. Things I have done in the past for ideas:
- volunteer at a shelter or rescue
- plant some kind of small flower garden
- donate food/treats/toys to an animal shelter or rescue in their name

Its ok to grieve the loss of your chameleon, but if its going to be too much to see his enclosure every day it might be good to take everything down. Only you can decide what you need with that.

Its hard not to know what happened with our guys. I know you could do a necropsy which might give you answers, however knowing an exotic vet is far away that may not be an option. I think you are wonderful to focus on what you need to do for your other chameleons, we can do that together, or if you feel re-homing is in their best interest we can do that together too. Only you can decide what is best for you and for them. I'm here regardless of your decision.

You are not a pos! You tried to give this guy a good home and conflicting information from different sources has made it even more difficult. It is tough that they are very tender creatures but are just so amazing to see and own. I really hope your guy can pull through this and you as well. I am a fairly new keeper and made many mistakes, to the point my guy lost several spikes on his back due to a burn from his basking area being too hot. It’s permanent damage I look at every day and kick myself for. We are human, we make mistakes but I feel it was a mistake I shouldn’t have made.
Is willamston Michigan far from you? I believe there’s a vet : Cedar Creek Veterinary Clinic is one on our list of referred vets. If they are too far, maybe they could recommend someone closer to you. Call vets around your area and ask for recommendations.
I am very sorry you’re dealing with this and don't give up on yourself.
I also thought I saw a rescue someone posted earlier in the the thread or a name of one, maybe get in touch with them and they can recommend a vet to visit.
If your guy is still alive this morning it means you still have a little time to act.
Thinking of you and him!
Not sure how far you got with the syringe and water to hydrate but rule of thumb is to not give to the front of the mouth. Slowly release the water from the syringe to the back of the mouth from the side. If you go in front of the mouth you could aspirate him. 🤞 and pulling for you.
Cedar creek Dr Wayne or Heather Beasley tell them I sent you.They are at a conference till later in the week

I think the Arcadia gut load looks really good honestly. I believe others on here use it as well, so if its working for you just stick to it.

Horn worm food you can buy in a powder form and mix it with hot water to make it into a paste. Same for the silks, you can buy the mulberry food in powder form, mix it with hot water, let it sit until its a soft cheese consistency and then you can add the silks to that. They are both good bugs for your chameleons in their own way, but very different to keep from crickets and dubia.

I think lets focus on your chams, get everything squared away with their care and husbandry and then we can focus on the silk and horn worms if you want to add them as a staple. Does that sound ok to you?

Wow he is a beautiful boy! Is that blue colors I see with red? He looks amazing!

It's so rough losing a pet. Maybe do something to honor the guy you lost? Sometimes doing things to help with some closure helps. Things I have done in the past for ideas:
- volunteer at a shelter or rescue
- plant some kind of small flower garden
- donate food/treats/toys to an animal shelter or rescue in their name

Its ok to grieve the loss of your chameleon, but if its going to be too much to see his enclosure every day it might be good to take everything down. Only you can decide what you need with that.

Its hard not to know what happened with our guys. I know you could do a necropsy which might give you answers, however knowing an exotic vet is far away that may not be an option. I think you are wonderful to focus on what you need to do for your other chameleons, we can do that together, or if you feel re-homing is in their best interest we can do that together too. Only you can decide what is best for you and for them. I'm here regardless of your decision.
Really thinking of re-homing them. Honestly think they deserve better then my sick self. These are my females an ill post males in another post.

Attachments

• 20230822_214413.jpg
    20230822_214413.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230822_214406.jpg
    20230822_214406.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230822_214344.jpg
    20230822_214344.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230822_214232.jpg
    20230822_214232.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230822_214212.jpg
    20230822_214212.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230822_214304.jpg
    20230822_214304.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230822_214241.jpg
    20230822_214241.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230822_214012.jpg
    20230822_214012.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 40
Malesill have get pics of other two. They seem to hiding.

Attachments

• 20230822_213938.jpg
    20230822_213938.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230822_213910.jpg
    20230822_213910.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230822_213810.jpg
    20230822_213810.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230822_213831.jpg
    20230822_213831.jpg