Sick cham

If you don't mind, talk to me about your desire to rehome them. Why specifically are you debating this? What can I do to support you?
Just want them to have better then. What I provided for the decreased one. Seems something am doing isn't correct. But I have followed what they need with back an forth info. For say females an males panthers. Always told the 5% or 6% t5. But then have others saying am using the wrong uvb. With humidity don't mist while lights are on only drip. Keeping the females at slightly lower basking temp 82f. Is bad for them. With only dripping keeping the humidity up to 50% can't be done with only dripping. I know there's other things but can't think of them. Off top of my head atm. Support is mostly for there wellbeing. Not sure how you can help there.

Just want them to have better then. What I provided for the decreased one. Seems something am doing isn't correct. But I have followed what they need with back an forth info. For say females an males panthers. Always told the 5% or 6% t5. But then have others saying am using the wrong uvb. With humidity don't mist while lights are on only drip. Keeping the females at slightly lower basking temp 82f. Is bad for them. With only dripping keeping the humidity up to 50% can't be done with only dripping. I know there's other things but can't think of them. Off top of my head atm. Support is mostly for there wellbeing. Not sure how you can help there.
Sometimes it helps to hear what someone else is seeing/hearing, so let me share my thoughts.

I feel like I am hearing a lot of shaming from your chameleon passing. What you have shared so far with your husbandry you actually have a lot of things right and are doing a good job.

Take the time to process but try to process from a non-shaming perspective. You say your chameleons deserve better, but I don't see neglect in any of the photos where I would agree with you. Yes we can all improve, that is including myself, on what we can do better. That is part of being a human being and part of what helps us learn and grow.

If you have the energy and are willing to put in the time and effort to go through your husbandry, I am willing to put in the time to give feedback on places you could improve (and from what I can see, there isn't much to be completely honest with you).

If you feel that rehoming your chameleons is better for them because maybe you have reached your limits and need to scale back or you are unable to genuinely care for them, then rehoming is a self-less and loving act that you are doing to ensure they have the best lives if you are unable to do so. I just want you to take the time to not make an emotional or shame-based decision and regret it later down the road.

True, there isn't much I can do to 'help', if you decide to see where you can improve and keep all or some of your babies, I can provide help and insight and support there. If you decide to rehome, I am happy to help you find good homes for them on here.

Just think about it. It’s a big decision. And don’t beat yourself up.

If you don't mind, talk to me about your desire to rehome them. Why specifically are you debating this? What can I do to support you?
Honestly want to for there overall life. I been dealing with health issues. That's inferred what my ritual on taking care of them. I have cancer of the prostate. Even got me to a point. I am on my belly to care for them. I actually take a nap today with my rhino iguana Eve. It's been rough but I can't fail my panthers. Even when I wish I had a extra pair of hands. I make do with all I have left. Reason I state they deserve better. Because if I could do better I would.

Honestly want to for there overall life. I been dealing with health issues. That's inferred what my ritual on taking care of them. I have cancer of the prostate. Even got me to a point. I am on my belly to care for them. I actually take a nap today with my rhino iguana Eve. It's been rough but I can't fail my panthers. Even when I wish I had a extra pair of hands. I make do with all I have left. Reason I state they deserve better. Because if I could do better I would.
Oh my goodness I am so sorry, I really am. Hearing your story I really wish I could do more to help you.

There are some incredible cham owners on here, I bet you could find them some really great homes.

Rhino iguanas are awesome! I love how prehistoric they look!

Honestly want to for there overall life. I been dealing with health issues. That's inferred what my ritual on taking care of them. I have cancer of the prostate. Even got me to a point. I am on my belly to care for them. I actually take a nap today with my rhino iguana Eve. It's been rough but I can't fail my panthers. Even when I wish I had an extra pair of hands. I make do with all I have left. Reason I state they deserve better. Because if I could do better I would.
I’m really sorry for all you are going through. I don’t personally know you but from everything I have read you are doing the best you can in some very difficult circumstances and I commend you ❤️

Honestly want to for there overall life. I been dealing with health issues. That's inferred what my ritual on taking care of them. I have cancer of the prostate. Even got me to a point. I am on my belly to care for them. I actually take a nap today with my rhino iguana Eve. It's been rough but I can't fail my panthers. Even when I wish I had an extra pair of hands. I make do with all I have left. Reason I state they deserve better. Because if I could do better I would.
I’m sorry for all that you’re going through. The love you have for your animals shows in every word and my heart goes out to you. I pray you find a solution - ideally someone who can help you care for your animals. If that is not an option, perhaps finding loving homes for some will help alleviate some of your burden. We can only do our best and I’ve no doubt that you do your best every day for your animals. I hope you will be doing your best for yourself as well. Sending healing vibes. 💗

Back
Top Bottom