Sick Ambilobe Chameleon Mouth Foaming

We have a sick female who is foaming at the mouth. There is a little crust around her lips. It gets worse at night. Please offer any help and advice that you can! Thanks

Vet time asap. Sounds like a RI.

If this is a RI. Some changes in care is needed after seeing a vet. Off to the left of the page under navigation. Click on care resources for care parameters.

My chams just got done the baytril for a respiratory infection. After you see a vet and get the meds take a look at your care, my problem was the substrate held too much water. Also it may loose it's appetite while on the baytril, and you may need to make bug juice. I know it's gross, but they like it. It's easier for them to swallow and you just squirt some in the back of the mouth with a syringe (without a tip) also only do this if they won't eat, it's not fun for them but was necessary for me

My chams just got done the baytril for a respiratory infection. After you see a vet and get the meds take a look at your care, my problem was the substrate held too much water. Also it may loose it's appetite while on the baytril, and you may need to make bug juice. I know it's gross, but they like it. It's easier for them to swallow and you just squirt some in the back of the mouth with a syringe (without a tip) also only do this if they won't eat, it's not fun for them but was necessary for me

That is why we do not recommend substrate! There is nothing good about it, other than it looks nicer than a bare floor! Plus, it is a choking and impaction hazard.

Back
Top Bottom