Siamese twin quads-caution graphic photos

ponders

Chameleon Enthusiast
The egg went full term, a little larger than the others. It shrunk and acted like it would hatch, but never did. I opened the egg today and found Siamese twins. They have all their legs and tails, but are conjoined in the chest. Not sure if that is the heart and liver showing? Maybe a vet will chime in. They got quite large and fully formed. Poor babies. 14 perfect babies have hatched from this clutch.

Just thought it was interesting. So I thought I would share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 340
That's sad. I'm sorry for your loss but I guess it was for the best. It would have been pretty hard for them to live like that. :(

Poor little ones. I'm so sorry that happened, but appreciate you taking photos and sharing them. It's sad but interesting, too. I'm glad the other 14 are doing well.

Interesting. I would photo document that embryo or even try to preserve it. You may want to send that to a reptile specimen collection at local University.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

That is very interesting. I am surprised that they developed as much as they did. Thank you for sharing.

It was quite a surprise to see two little bodies in there. I weighed them and they were 1.4g. The average weigh of the other babies that hatched were 1.3g.

I got a formaldehyde biopsy bottle from work, so they are preserved. Amazing to look at, can't believe how mature they got to be.

Back
Top Bottom