Shower Time!! (faly, ambi, nosy be)

Mr Wilson

So since It's been so cold here in NJ and we have heaters running almost 24/7 the humidity has been super low. We do eveything we can to keep it up but I thought a nice warm humid shower would be nice for my guys.

Farran (faly)
DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

OK IM DONE
DSC_0483.jpg

HMMMM CAN I CLIMB THIS WALL?
DSC_0484.jpg

Shooter (ambi)
DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

OK IM DONE TOO
DSC_0496.jpg

Sinatra (nosy be)
DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

beautiful chams:)

im a real fan of nosy bes, where did you get yours from? i love the yellow mouth coloring

so im guessing its ok to put them in the shower? Is this prior to shedding in order to moisturize them or to induce some drinking? how cool/warm must the shower be and can you mist it with a hand held shower head ?? how often do you do this?

so im guessing its ok to put them in the shower? Is this prior to shedding in order to moisturize them or to induce some drinking? how cool/warm must the shower be and can you mist it with a hand held shower head ?? how often do you do this?

When you put a cham in the shower you want it to be warm water, not hot, and you want it to bounce off the wall so only a fine mist is hitting your cham. Do not aim the full force of the shower head on your cham, just the mist from bouncing off the wall. And give them something to climb on/in. I put a big pothos on a stool and let them climb on that. I've used showers to encourage my chams to drink if they're being stubborn and also to help them shed if parts of skin look like they're taking too long. I'd say a shower no more than once or twice a week unless you're dealing with a really dehydrated animal.

Last edited:
you should be ashamed of yourself. you need to feed that faly!! LOL j/k farrans going to be dragging that belly before 2 long.
pretty chams!

beautiful chams:)

im a real fan of nosy bes, where did you get yours from? i love the yellow mouth coloring
He's from Screameleons. To be honest i forgot who his sire was. We bought him at an expo when he was 8mo. We saw him early in the day and waited and just kind of rushed in later and grabbed him cause there were 3 or 4 different people debating on buying him. All there nosy be bloodlines are awesome though.

When you put a cham in the shower you want it to be warm water, not hot, and you want it to bounce off the wall so only a fine mist is hitting your cham. Do not aim the full force of the shower head on your cham, just the mist from bouncing off the wall. And give them something to climb on/in. I put a big pothos on a stool and let them climb on that. I've used showers to encourage my chams to drink if they're being stubborn and also to help them shed if parts of skin look like they're taking too long. I'd say a shower no more than once or twice a week unless you're dealing with a really dehydrated animal.

Yup thats exactly what we did, except i didn't have a spare plant so i took a bird perch put it on the floor and just sat there to make sure they didn't end up on the floor rite underneath the water. I put my faly in cause we were a little concerned with his water intake lately, The ambi to help with stubborn tail shed, and my nosy be just because i figured it would give him a nice humid mist for a change

Thanks all!!

you should be ashamed of yourself. you need to feed that faly!! LOL j/k farrans going to be dragging that belly before 2 long.
pretty chams!

hahaha we've been trying to feed him a little more cause he is a little small for his age, at least i think so. He does eat at least once a day sometimes twice never more then that. Trying to get him to eat dubia right now but he's scared of them.

nice wet chams... ..speaking of water...and showers

Does anyone else use a water filter on the shower?
I use a water sprite brand shower chlorine filter for myself I will say my hair and skin are better for it and there is a different experience showering with filtered water. (No Really!) So When I got Caloo C. calyptratus I figure since I don't use tap water in his rain machine and dripper so much the better for his shower. I bought one for the hose outside as he gets to be out in South Florida a good part of the year while I tend my orchids he keeps me company, my orchids are much improved after the change to filtered water also. (I have worked in orchid breeding nurseries and have seen much healthier orchids raised on non chlorinated well water, and have seen sensitive species die from tap water over time like a toxic buildup.) So I thought I would share that. BTW filter is $20 at the home depot and the replacement cartage is $10 every 6 months cheap investment and nice perks for everyone! :D
Ps I have water shutoff on pipe to adjust and turn off water for saving water during shower, (grew up that way in California with lots of water restrictions) I find it allows me to lower the pressure to a gentle rain like setting and place his whole 5' 9" screen enclosure in the shower with the door open so he can get on top and play in the rain.
showimage.php
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
We do not use a filter at all on our shower or on our MistKing. The chameleons get plain old tap water and so do we :D The only thing I do filter is our drinking/coffee water.

- Jeannie

I think it depends on where you live on whether or not you filter water. I know a lot of people use filters where water quality may not be the best, and I know a lot of people don't where they trust their water quality to be better. Just depends on your area.

I would be weary of the temperature of the water. Warm to us can be very very hot to them. If the water feels neutral on your skin, that's usually a good temperature.

We didn't have it very warm at all, just warm enough so that when it did mist down, it was still warm. We also kept the door closed so steam could build up a little bit and give them a little extra humidity.

Back
Top Bottom