Show us your facilities.

I also did a lot of research on water hoses. Most all garden hoses contain lead and other bad stuff that leach into the water. I have "drinking water safe" hose to run from the outside faucet.

Those RV hoses are expensive especially for longer ones. And they have reliability problems in the long term. Have you looked into PEX? More expensive than PVC, but it is flexible so you can eliminate a bunch of fittings. And it is reliable.

If I had a building like yours, I would go underground PVC pipe with a shutoff from the house, then stub it out in the yurt with another shutoff. Then attach the PEX to that and route it where you need. I'd use one hose bib inside the yurt for a coiled garden hose with nozzle for cage cleaning.

Not sure how you are running your electricity, but installing a subpanel out there would be ideal with GFCI on all outlets. Extension cords from the house, not so good.

Anyway, super nice job on your setup.

Well ours is not complete quite yet but here is a sneak peak

6yrega8e.jpg

Amazing! I want to come live with your chameleons. :D

Those RV hoses are expensive especially for longer ones. And they have reliability problems in the long term. Have you looked into PEX? More expensive than PVC, but it is flexible so you can eliminate a bunch of fittings. And it is reliable.

If I had a building like yours, I would go underground PVC pipe with a shutoff from the house, then stub it out in the yurt with another shutoff. Then attach the PEX to that and route it where you need. I'd use one hose bib inside the yurt for a coiled garden hose with nozzle for cage cleaning.

Not sure how you are running your electricity, but installing a subpanel out there would be ideal with GFCI on all outlets. Extension cords from the house, not so good.

Anyway, super nice job on your setup.

Well like I said the set up/house not complete yet.

I got three 25 foot drinking water safe hoses linked together and ran them from the house to the chameleon house.

Jason has a grand scheme for the watering system but he works just about every day so I do what I can for the sake of the chameleons on my own until he has time. .(hooking up hoses and timers and stuff).

At the moment there is no electricity in there but some will eventually be run. We still need to install the center fan..which I thought Jason said solar powered ??? I am not sure. Is there such a thing? I will have to ask him again

I recently pulled out all the wooden tables in the photo and replaced them with plastic grated tables for better drainage...and the plastic will not rot like the wood was starting too.

Last edited:
Chameleon room

Here is just part of my set up. would have to post 10 pics. 2 rooms just about full. not as good as out side but pretty close. Chameleons by Eric

Back
Top Bottom