- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled Chameleon, had him since October 2020, he was Born the 27th of July.
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once or twice a week as he’s already used to me. However since I have been paranoid about this I have been using gloves to hold him.
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed him every day or every two days with crickets, calci worms, dubias whenever I can find some, wax worms whenever I can find some as well, black soldier flies when they hatch out of the cacoon, in fact I’m waiting for them to hatch rn, and today I’m getting hundreds of silkworms for him. He also likes to eat fruits and veggies, mainly strawberries, carrot, apple, zucchini, and canonigus, he loves canonigus and he always comes to me when he sees I am giving him them.
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Exo Terra Calcium without D3 and Multivitamin with D3, calcium on every feeding, multi vitamin once a week, mainly sundays.
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I use a bottle that created kind of a mist of water, I already ordered a humidifier with cool mist of course, it just needs to arrive.
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He’s been tested for parasites, he’s okay. His poop is good, and so are his urates, they’re white,
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I got him from a breeder near my zone but I have a theory that they’re mass breeding because most of the breeders are from that zone. They had him with a compact 10.0 bulb and my vet said he showed signs of having suffered MBD before I got him, as well as the burnt casque. He had a slight sign of having it again but we got him the new bulb and he is okay now.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? My cage is a combo, all glass because here where I live we have a dry environment so it’s hard to kee the humidity with a mesh cage. Tho the upper part of the cage is metallic mesh and it has tiny holes on the front part. It’s 90 cm tall, 90 cm wide and 50 deep.
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I use a 3 in 1 bulb of 125 watts, so I don’t have a basking bulb because my bulb already does it. However since the cage is wide as hell and I can’t put the bulb right in the middle because there’s a plastic separation and the bulb can burn it off, I have a “warm side” and a “cold side” for him. The warm side gets to 30°C on the highest and the humidity is at 50%, on the cold side I have an old T8 5.0 (an old one I had lying around so it’s not too strong) to create some light and so he can have a bit of UVB on that side. Since it doesn’t have more mesh, on the mornings I open the cage while I work next to him so new air can come in the cage and he can have some ventilation. When I’m not around, I cover the cage with a towel because he’s temporarily in the living room and there’s people and my dogs, so I don’t want him to stress. However he is used to my dogs, he doesn’t show stress signs when he sees them, he either hides in the plant or just stares at them, but I still don’t wanna risk it because one of them is always jumping and playing as they’re a puppy and I don’t want him to feel intimidated. So yes, when I’m not there I cover the front glass with a towel.
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I mentioned it before but well, 30° highest where he basks, 22°C to 19° bottom part and the left side where his big plant is, around 22°. At night, temps go between 20 and 18.
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity on the top is 50% and when he wants to cool down he comes to the cold side; where it’s 60%, bottom part is around 70%. At night I let it go to 100%
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Live plants, two pothos and another one that was named Cham idk what else but it burnt. I’m planning to get more pothos.
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top part of the cage is 1’60 cm tall/away from the floor, it’s on the living room temporarily as I plan to move him later on to my room again. The fans are not being used but it’s nowhere near him anyways and it is a high traffic area (family and dogs) so I cover the front with a towel so he doesn’t have to see them.
- Location - Where are you geographically located? Spain, Madrid. It’s a dry area so the vet told me to get the combinated glass + mesh cage.
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. The spots on his back and his left eye. THE SPOTS AREN’T LUMPY, they’re more like a discoloration and I need any home advice as I ran out of savings with the new cage improvement