Should we cover her cage...again?

I just got our lady what she wanted (old lay bin) and refreshed her plants and set up. She seems much more settled!
A7F0C1F8-1297-4FFC-998D-57B6418DA7B3.jpeg

EAD25947-3730-43F7-BEC0-C766772D1F1E.jpeg

B3A2E2DB-BEFD-444E-9EB1-8021ABDF98C6.jpeg

Hopefully she will settle and if she’s has eggs will put them where they belong. Thanks for all your input everyone!! :)

Hello! We tried covering her cage - no interest. Then isolated her with her lay bin and some plants in another room - no interest. Then she had a big poop and her colours went back to normal. Now a couple of days later she’s shedding and showing these dark colours again. I suppose just keep trying and wait for more signs of restlessness?
075A0B23-E20E-43C8-A06C-FADE9A14B280.jpeg

Last edited:
She’s very definitely gravid. Are you able to put a lay bin in her enclosure? It’s not easy at all to determine when exactly they are going to be laying and moving her into a bin could stress her where she won’t feel it’s safe to lay. I would put a bin in her enclosure and keep the bottom half of it covered and when she’s ready, she can get to it.

She’s very definitely gravid. Are you able to put a lay bin in her enclosure? It’s not easy at all to determine when exactly they are going to be laying and moving her into a bin could stress her where she won’t feel it’s safe to lay. I would put a bin in her enclosure and keep the bottom half of it covered and when she’s ready, she can get to it.
Thanks - I thought she was gravid but wasn’t sure. She doesn’t keep her dark coloration all the time - it goes on and off.
We have her old lay bin back in her enclosure with 50/50 organic potting soil and washed play sand. I dug a tunnel for her in case she likes it. I will try keeping the lower half of her cage covered from now on and see if she gets interested. She seems uncomfortable.

It’s so interesting… she didn’t show those dark colours anymore for awhile, so now, about 2.5 months later, she started pacing the past 4 days and started digging today!! I’m so glad! 😊So we covered her cage and closed the door of the room she’s in and I think she’s hard at work (I still hear digging from the entrance). I’ll check on her quietly around 10pm with a flashlight and hope she doesn’t see me….

She's really beautiful and love her happy face :love:
Thanks so much! I’m so glad you and others enjoyed these pics of Cam. We too love her sweet face. She is precious:) I enjoy all the photos you post as well on the forums. I have to say the pictures are my favourite part of the forums, and of course knowing people receive Cham-saving advice that is hard to find elsewhere.

Thank you for the advice - I will try that. I haven’t seen any digging yet so I was wondering if I’m wrong about her being close to laying...but the coloration and her shape is what is making me think otherwise. Much appreciated :)
What do yall use for laying bins? And what substrate? Im using a small layin bin about 6 inches deep with a mixture of play sand and organic soil

Thanks so much! I’m so glad you and others enjoyed these pics of Cam. We too love her sweet face. She is precious:) I enjoy all the photos you post as well on the forums. I have to say the pictures are my favourite part of the forums, and of course knowing people receive Cham-saving advice that is hard to find elsewhere.
Thanks 🙏

I have to say the pictures are my favourite part of the forums,
Always try to keep the forums positive with the beauty of (keeping) chameleons and not only the troubles we can get with them.

Hello everyone! I was eating with my left hand and our Cham on the right - apple slices, raspberries and a cheesy bun. She started getting ready to shoot for the food each time I put a bite to my mouth. So I gave her some very small pieces of apple and raspberry. She was begging for more but I cut her off:) Is that OK? As a rule I don’t feed her any fruit/veg - just the crickets:) but she was begging and I couldn’t resist. Also, she hasn’t pooped since she laid eggs and thought she might do for the fibrr…Just 2 min ago she shot at my toe! Guess it looked delicious…. and just now again! I was trying to hide my toe from her but unsuccessfully!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom